Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, newbie to the group✋. I could really do with some help please. Am on the verge of purchasing my first brand new GT Sport Tech Auto next month and have one big niggle at the back of my mind and that's the power windows. At the moment I run a BMW X1 and this has the function of being able to wind up and down the windows with the key fob open / lock buttons, very handy if you've forgot when leaving the car, but the CX 30 doesn't seem to have this!!!!. Does anyone know if this can be either activated somehow in the cars software or by the addition of some mechanical/ electrical means?? Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
47 Posts
Using the MyMazda app on my phone I can lock and unlock the car, turn the lights on and off, and turn the engine on or off.

Reactions: Salls

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
I believe you can do that on the US model as it has a cellular modem built in (hence mobile hotspot etc), we don't have that in Europe/ UK. There's also a big ol' pile of EU / UK regs that cause issues with remote starting and remote control of parked vehicles.

Hence the MyMazda app in the UK is pretty lightweight, just manuals and information on servicing / any active recalls etc.

Not sure on the windows as I was wondering that too but I've not found an OEM method of it working in the UK yet :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the info so far, yeah have found the Uk Mazda App, next to useless, have got my Mx5 on it and as you said it just shows bare essentials, and it took ages to get the updates of my car put on. Am just so surprised, with it being top of the range this window operation with the keyfob isnt on the car. Some bright spark out there hopefully has the answer:confused:

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
47 Posts
I wondered if it wasn't different in Europe. Kind of like my 2019 Miata, just the bare essentials.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts