Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
57 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a template for our cx30s yet for this? Thanks
Since you use the word "template", I'll assume you are looking for PPF film and want to install it yourself (rather than find an installer). I purchased a kit last winter for my 2021 CX-30 that covered my hood, fenders & mirror from Xpel.com (link here) . I also got kit-film for bumper, then a sheet of it which I could cut to cover areas that needed special attention. I have done my own PPF installations for my last several Mazda's and it works great, Although...it is not for the faint-of-heart. Meaning, the Youtube video-guy make it look easy. Flat surfaces like hood are easy, but once you get into curves, much patience and stretching is required.

There are several other vendors of the film, but most comes from 3M. The PPF has saved my hood and bumper area from many nick and rocks and since I see that many CX users are conplaining about {soft paint??) it is worth the money. Doing it yourself will also save much money...

Hope this helps.

J.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since you use the word "template", I'll assume you are looking for PPF film and want to install it yourself (rather than find an installer). I purchased a kit last winter for my 2021 CX-30 that covered my hood, fenders & mirror from Xpel.com (link here) . I also got kit-film for bumper, then a sheet of it which I could cut to cover areas that needed special attention. I have done my own PPF installations for my last several Mazda's and it works great, Although...it is not for the faint-of-heart. Meaning, the Youtube video-guy make it look easy. Flat surfaces like hood are easy, but once you get into curves, much patience and stretching is required.

There are several other vendors of the film, but most comes from 3M. The PPF has saved my hood and bumper area from many nick and rocks and since I see that many CX users are conplaining about {soft paint??) it is worth the money. Doing it yourself will also save much money...

Hope this helps.

J.
Thnx for the info. I will not install myself. I contacted a local installer and was told they had to ck to see if a template kit is available. That prompted my original post. Thnx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since you use the word "template", I'll assume you are looking for PPF film and want to install it yourself (rather than find an installer). I purchased a kit last winter for my 2021 CX-30 that covered my hood, fenders & mirror from Xpel.com (link here) .
Thanks for the XPEL kit link. I knew that paying a shop for application was expensive; had no idea that the PPF kit itself was this costly.

I wonder if users are typically applying ceramic coating on top of the PPF for chemical protection against bugs, grime, bird dropping, etc.

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
57 Posts
Thanks for the XPEL kit link. I knew that paying a shop for application was expensive; had no idea that the PPF kit itself was this costly.

I wonder if users are typically applying ceramic coating on top of the PPF for chemical protection against bugs, grime, bird dropping, etc.
I have used ceramic spray coating (like Turtle wax & Griot product) on the rest of my car. It is compatible with the PPF too. Used to use regular wax (back in the old days) and that is ok too.

Both PPF & ceramic offer good protection against whatever gets thrown your way...

My kit was for half the hood, etc., so $300-400 bucks was a good option concidering the cost of an installer or even letting dealer do it (yikes!!)

J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.