Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that you've bought the thing and you're content with your choice. You may have noticed some things that you're thrilled about and some things that you'd change. What are they?
Here's my list of Pros;
-fun to drive,
-easy to park,
-it reminds you that a stop sign is approaching (I really like that),
-looks elegant no matter the color,
-cheaper to own than larger SUVs,
-the majority of parking spaces are regular size making the CX-30 easy to park,
-even with all the power and AWD offered it's easy on the gas wallet. But if you're like me...you didn't buy it with a turbo for it's fuel economy...you bought it because it puts a smile on your face,
-I found it straight forward to set up the various vehicle options through the infotainment system. And since most the adjustments are made before I leave I really don't mind the lack of a touchscreen. I find that the larger button is easy to find and I make any adjustments without distraction,
-the hassle free things like the way it locks as I walk away (I keep the fob in a pocket and not sit it in the car),
-I place my hand on the driver's outside handle and it unlocks then I open the door...easy peasy,
-it came with a cover in the trunk to keep eyes off my stuff,
-the wipers can be parked so that you can lift the wiper arms to keep them ice free,
-the infotainment system is fast and easy to use,
-this CX-30 has been out for a few years now and there are more accessories now available. (Like the pair of wipper arm covers you can buy at CAA that keeps the ice and snow off the whole arm. Or the cover I bought at CanTire that covers the mirrors and the whole front windscreen,
-there is enough space in the trunk for basic things like luggage/groceries/shopping bags etc...,
-it's not too big that a 5'-6" 150 lb Smurf like me gets thrown around in the seat like all the other vehicles I've owned,
-the CX-30 comes with just enough tech to be safe, convenient and not too many buttons on the dash,
-a power lift gate is a nice trick,
-I just smile watching front wheel drive cars spinning their wheels as my AWD toy drives off effortlessly...especially during snow and ice events that keeps some folks staying home,
-the cup holders are placed in a smart location...finally,
-it's smaller but has enough ground clearance for a number of obstacles and road debris,
-I'm a Veteran with a tired body and it's nice that the CX-30 is high enough to just slide into and out of,
-for an SUV it drives like a car and has lots of power.
My list of smaller whines;
-I noticed with the CX-5 and CX-9 I've owned that the round roof lets the rain fall into the window track and the electrical buttons forcing owners to want to buy wind deflectors,
-I'm not a fan of paying for a moon roof that I don't need and that the seal will eventually leak or the motor will give out in years to come. It adds another surface for the paint to blister. This could be an option to keep the cost lower,
-during snow events that large space where the wipers sit doesn't get a lot of defrost and fills with snow and ice adding extra time to clear it and it takes extra time to defrost in general because the wipers sit so low in that channel. (So I bought a cover that goes from both front mirrors and over the front windscreen),
-the speed limit switched on the heads up display but the warning for the last lower speed limit or school zone didn't switch over and that warning didn't stop chiming until I got past a second speed limit...so I turned that option off,
-the rear doors don't open as much as the CX-5 and CX-9 which opened nearly 90 degrees so it makes it more awkward to get the dogs in and out the smaller back seat area (I would imagine that parents are having the same issue getting child seats and their kids in and out of this vehicle),
-that cover in the trunk is not retractable and is just a rigid awkward cheap looking thing in my expensive car that has no spot to place it when not in use. A retractable option that can be stowed away would have been nice,
-I find the front windscreen has a distortion view to the rounded glass which can disorientate the vision. You could get a headache on longer drives I imagine,
-the rear center headrest was obstructing my view so I removed it,
-there could be more hooks for cargo nets and organizers in the trunk (I added an organizer that hooks onto and hangs off of the rear headrests so it takes up less trunk space),
-there is no wireless charging,
-what is up with that parking brake? This is the first ever vehicle I've owned that the parking brake engages every single time I leave the car. I live on a flat street. Why doesn't this park brake disengage when I place it in drive and press the accelerator like most other vehicles? It drags the rear wheels when I try to leave which could break something. (This is my biggest gripe about this car),
-the car has paddle shifters that you'll notice you can change gears with even when the lever is in "D" mode...so why does it have a shifter at all? I found it's a distraction with the CX-5 and CX-9 to look down at that shifter so I could remember that forward means to downshift and back means to upshift. The paddle shifters take this distraction out completely. With todays shift in technology that bulky shift lever could have been replaced with just a few buttons that could be placed somewhere on the dash adding space for other things on that console. Like a covered coin slot for parking change,
-most forward of the center console is a slot that goes from left to right. It's not covered. If you place change for parking in it the thieves might break in. Yes you can place that change into the center armrest but it's less convenient.
-I've had the same issue with the CX-5, the CX-9 and now the CX-30. The rear camera is located by the license plate. It doesn't take long to get road dust, rain and mud that splashes behind the car and requires cleaning nearly every drive. (I'm a person that reverses into my driveway making it safer to leave because I'm not backing out into traffic. This means that when I get somewhere I must remember to clean this camera off before going back home. Isn't there a better place for this camera or a shield to help keep debris off of it?).
-I do like the addition of the plastic wheel well cladding because in years to come the paint will remain more in tact from all the rocks hitting it versus just paint but it seems a bit excessive as compared to other Mazda SUVs. I wonder how it would look with thinner cladding?
*None of these things would stop me from buying this SUV. If these things bugged me enough to call the dealer about them? Perhaps I should have bough a luxury vehicle and paid the luxury price. I can live with this list.
What would you add to this list?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
705 Posts
-what is up with that parking brake? This is the first ever vehicle I've owned that the parking brake engages every single time I leave the car. I live on a flat street. Why doesn't this park brake disengage when I place it in drive and press the accelerator like most other vehicles? It drags the rear wheels when I try to leave which could break something. (This is my biggest gripe about this car),
you must have something wrong or you are doing something wrong as mine disengages every time I press the accelerator - do you have your seatbelt fastened at the time?

-most forward of the center console is a slot that goes from left to right. It's not covered. If you place change for parking in it the thieves might break in. Yes you can place that change into the center armrest but it's less convenient.
what about the little drawer to the left of the steering wheel on the lower dash, ideal for coins.

don't forget to fill out your location and drive info in account settings, sounds like you have the GT version.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you must have something wrong or you are doing something wrong as mine disengages every time I press the accelerator - do you have your seatbelt fastened at the time?

what about the little drawer to the left of the steering wheel on the lower dash, ideal for coins.

don't forget to fill out your location and drive info in account settings, sounds like you have the GT version.
Yes thanks for that. I didn't press the gas pedal at all both times and there was snow under the car the first two tries. Then I did it again with no snow but still hadn't pressed the gas as the back end squatted and I became aware. I tried it an hour ago when I took it to a car wash and it works as designed. Like you said...once we press the gas/accelerator pedal when in drive it will disengage. (y) I learned something new today.

·
Registered
2000, Skyactiv G, 2.0L
4 Posts
So now that you've bought the thing and you're content with your choice. You may have noticed some things that you're thrilled about and some things that you'd change. What are they?
Here's my list of Pros;
-fun to drive,
-easy to park,
-it reminds you that a stop sign is approaching (I really like that),
-looks elegant no matter the color,
-cheaper to own than larger SUVs,
-the majority of parking spaces are regular size making the CX-30 easy to park,
-even with all the power and AWD offered it's easy on the gas wallet. But if you're like me...you didn't buy it with a turbo for it's fuel economy...you bought it because it puts a smile on your face,
-I found it straight forward to set up the various vehicle options through the infotainment system. And since most the adjustments are made before I leave I really don't mind the lack of a touchscreen. I find that the larger button is easy to find and I make any adjustments without distraction,
-the hassle free things like the way it locks as I walk away (I keep the fob in a pocket and not sit it in the car),
-I place my hand on the driver's outside handle and it unlocks then I open the door...easy peasy,
-it came with a cover in the trunk to keep eyes off my stuff,
-the wipers can be parked so that you can lift the wiper arms to keep them ice free,
-the infotainment system is fast and easy to use,
-this CX-30 has been out for a few years now and there are more accessories now available. (Like the pair of wipper arm covers you can buy at CAA that keeps the ice and snow off the whole arm. Or the cover I bought at CanTire that covers the mirrors and the whole front windscreen,
-there is enough space in the trunk for basic things like luggage/groceries/shopping bags etc...,
-it's not too big that a 5'-6" 150 lb Smurf like me gets thrown around in the seat like all the other vehicles I've owned,
-the CX-30 comes with just enough tech to be safe, convenient and not too many buttons on the dash,
-a power lift gate is a nice trick,
-I just smile watching front wheel drive cars spinning their wheels as my AWD toy drives off effortlessly...especially during snow and ice events that keeps some folks staying home,
-the cup holders are placed in a smart location...finally,
-it's smaller but has enough ground clearance for a number of obstacles and road debris,
-I'm a Veteran with a tired body and it's nice that the CX-30 is high enough to just slide into and out of,
-for an SUV it drives like a car and has lots of power.
My list of smaller whines;
-I noticed with the CX-5 and CX-9 I've owned that the round roof lets the rain fall into the window track and the electrical buttons forcing owners to want to buy wind deflectors,
-I'm not a fan of paying for a moon roof that I don't need and that the seal will eventually leak or the motor will give out in years to come. It adds another surface for the paint to blister. This could be an option to keep the cost lower,
-during snow events that large space where the wipers sit doesn't get a lot of defrost and fills with snow and ice adding extra time to clear it and it takes extra time to defrost in general because the wipers sit so low in that channel. (So I bought a cover that goes from both front mirrors and over the front windscreen),
-the speed limit switched on the heads up display but the warning for the last lower speed limit or school zone didn't switch over and that warning didn't stop chiming until I got past a second speed limit...so I turned that option off,
-the rear doors don't open as much as the CX-5 and CX-9 which opened nearly 90 degrees so it makes it more awkward to get the dogs in and out the smaller back seat area (I would imagine that parents are having the same issue getting child seats and their kids in and out of this vehicle),
-that cover in the trunk is not retractable and is just a rigid awkward cheap looking thing in my expensive car that has no spot to place it when not in use. A retractable option that can be stowed away would have been nice,
-I find the front windscreen has a distortion view to the rounded glass which can disorientate the vision. You could get a headache on longer drives I imagine,
-the rear center headrest was obstructing my view so I removed it,
-there could be more hooks for cargo nets and organizers in the trunk (I added an organizer that hooks onto and hangs off of the rear headrests so it takes up less trunk space),
-there is no wireless charging,
-the car has paddle shifters that you'll notice you can change gears with even when the lever is in "D" mode...so why does it have a shifter at all? I found it's a distraction with the CX-5 and CX-9 to look down at that shifter so I could remember that forward means to downshift and back means to upshift. The paddle shifters take this distraction out completely. With todays shift in technology that bulky shift lever could have been replaced with just a few buttons that could be placed somewhere on the dash adding space for other things on that console. Like a covered coin slot for parking change,
-I've had the same issue with the CX-5, the CX-9 and now the CX-30. The rear camera is located by the license plate. It doesn't take long to get road dust, rain and mud that splashes behind the car and requires cleaning nearly every drive. (I'm a person that reverses into my driveway making it safer to leave because I'm not backing out into traffic. This means that when I get somewhere I must remember to clean this camera off before going back home. Isn't there a better place for this camera or a shield to help keep debris off of it?).
-I do like the addition of the plastic wheel well cladding because in years to come the paint will remain more in tact from all the rocks hitting it versus just paint but it seems a bit excessive as compared to other Mazda SUVs. I wonder how it would look with thinner cladding?
*None of these things would stop me from buying this SUV. If these things bugged me enough to call the dealer about them? Perhaps I should have bough a luxury vehicle and paid the luxury price. I can live with this list.
What would you add to this list?
Hi there!
Parking brake should disengage once the door is locked, gear is dhifted and seatbelt attached. it works on the FWD manual gearbox.
Give it a try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts