Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just joined the forum as I'm going to be changing my car next spring and am considering a CX-30 AWD auto. My current car is a 2016 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid AWD but we don't need anything quite so big so I thought I would look at something a bit smaller. I really like the look of the CX-30 and I have been looking at the the owner's manual online. Although there is a lot of information in it there is the chance that not everything is relevant to the UK so I'm hoping that some of you may be able to answer a few questions.

Keyless entry: With my Toyota there is a procedure to turn off the key fob for security, does the CX-30 have a similar procedure?
Electronic Parking Brake: When I park my car in the garage I leave the handbrake (parking brake) off, is there a procedure to leave the parking brake off if required?
Sat Nav: Can it be linked to a mobile phone to use data to update the route if there are delays?
Head Up Display: Can this be disabled?

I have done some checking and I have found some suppliers of temporary spare wheel kits, does the spare wheel well just have an insert with a repair kit so it's easy to empty?

Sorry for all the questions and grateful for any help. I don't want to arrange for a test drive until nearer the time I'm going to change.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Guys

Just joined the forum as I'm going to be changing my car next spring and am considering a CX-30 AWD auto. My current car is a 2016 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid AWD but we don't need anything quite so big so I thought I would look at something a bit smaller. I really like the look of the CX-30 and I have been looking at the the owner's manual online. Although there is a lot of information in it there is the chance that not everything is relevant to the UK so I'm hoping that some of you may be able to answer a few questions.

Keyless entry: With my Toyota there is a procedure to turn off the key fob for security, does the CX-30 have a similar procedure?
Electronic Parking Brake: When I park my car in the garage I leave the handbrake (parking brake) off, is there a procedure to leave the parking brake off if required?
Sat Nav: Can it be linked to a mobile phone to use data to update the route if there are delays?
Head Up Display: Can this be disabled?

I have done some checking and I have found some suppliers of temporary spare wheel kits, does the spare wheel well just have an insert with a repair kit so it's easy to empty?

Sorry for all the questions and grateful for any help. I don't want to arrange for a test drive until nearer the time I'm going to change.
There are two things i think you need to worry about ,the first is your choice of cloour
and the size of the engine , AWD good you got that , and most likely you will get 2.5 ltr engine
this is where you have to decide which one , as there is an engine that cuts off cylinders then again you may not get that one in the UK. other wise the car is loaded with lots of driver assists.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
481 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't think there is a way to disable the key fob. No way to turn off the heads up but it is adjustable and if you put it a its lowest level it is out of site line. There is a way to disable the parking brake after you turn off the engine. Apple Car Play and Android Auto are standard (at least in Thailand) but not wireless so you can hook up Waves and Google Maps to get current traffic reports. Hope this helps your choice. Had my 30 for 6 months now and am very happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
63 Posts
You could disable the HUD by sticking a small piece of tape or opaque paper over the projector.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
725 Posts
and most likely you will get 2.5 ltr engine
This isn't available in the UK. Apparently we only get the 2-litre, either as SkyActiv-G (the cylinder-deactivating version) of SkyActiv-X (the clever ignition technology one). Neither is particularly lively, unfortunately

Note this thread is over six months old and the OP is likely to have already bought a replacement for his RAV4

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
63 Posts
This isn't available in the UK. Apparently we only get the 2-litre, either as SkyActiv-G (the cylinder-deactivating version) of SkyActiv-X (the clever ignition technology one). Neither is particularly lively, unfortunately

Note this thread is over six months old and the OP is likely to have already bought a replacement for his RAV4
Maybe not since it's been impossible to have test drive for months.

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
109 Posts
For some reason this post only showed up in my feed yesterday and there wasn't a single reply. I assumed it was new. Evidently others did too. I don't normally look at the posting date especially when it's at the top of my feed and there are no replies.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There are people who will post things in order to disrupt the apple cart.
i am thinking that i will not respond to those who have less than 9 posts, or there rants are stupid.
Mr Bear just move on as every organision has its fair share of bad eggs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts