Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Just joined the forum as I'm going to be changing my car next spring and am considering a CX-30 AWD auto. My current car is a 2016 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid AWD but we don't need anything quite so big so I thought I would look at something a bit smaller. I really like the look of the CX-30 and I have been looking at the the owner's manual online. Although there is a lot of information in it there is the chance that not everything is relevant to the UK so I'm hoping that some of you may be able to answer a few questions.

Keyless entry: With my Toyota there is a procedure to turn off the key fob for security, does the CX-30 have a similar procedure?
Electronic Parking Brake: When I park my car in the garage I leave the handbrake (parking brake) off, is there a procedure to leave the parking brake off if required?
Sat Nav: Can it be linked to a mobile phone to use data to update the route if there are delays?
Head Up Display: Can this be disabled?

I have done some checking and I have found some suppliers of temporary spare wheel kits, does the spare wheel well just have an insert with a repair kit so it's easy to empty?

Sorry for all the questions and grateful for any help. I don't want to arrange for a test drive until nearer the time I'm going to change.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
38 Posts
Hi Andy,
-There is a procedure to de-activate the keyless entry option of a key. It's promoted by Mazda as a battery saving mode, but does prevent key relay theft. To completely turn it off you need to remove the battery.
-There is an emergency procedure for the electronic brake in case of empty battery, but this is probably not what you mean. For what I now it always engages when you turn of the power.
-You can't update the built-in nav with road/traffic data from the phone. Then you should use a nav app on your phone and link it to the entertainment system via Carplay/Android Auto instead of using the factory nav.
-Yes. You can also make some selections what you want and don't want projected in the HUD.

How the spare wheel/repair kit is arranged in the UK version a UK resident should answer.

Hope this helps. And welcome to the forum :) .

PS Reading the manuals will help you a lot, see Mazda Owners Section; FAQs, Manuals & Information | Mazda UK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ronnie

Thanks for your reply and the welcome. I did see something regarding the electronic brake in the manual to disable it in an automatic car wash. I wondered if this needed to have the ignition on or not. I find that if I put the car in the garage when it's wet the handbrake (parking brake) pads stick to the discs so that is why for the last 20 years plus I always leave it off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like I can turn the fob off which is something I do when parking quite often for security reasons. The EPB is something I have never had and I want to be able to leave the car in the garage with the handbrake off and in Park. The reason for this is that if it's wet when I put the car away the pads stick to the discs after a couple of days, so for the past 20 years or so I have always left the handbrake off in the garage.

I have got used to the satnav in the Toyota which is a TomTom system and it allows me to connect my phone via bluetooth to the satnav for live traffic updates. It's not a dealbreaker just something I would have to get used to. The HUD and other driving aids I like to be able to turn them off, I much prefer to be in full control, I don't use cruise control even on journeys of several hundred miles. I enjoy driving and find them more of a distraction than anything.

The spare wheel is something I wouldn't do without. I have seen that spare wheel kits are available but that some versions of the CX-30 have a sub in the spare wheel well, how is it possible to get a spare wheel in with the sub?

Another thing I have is a Viofo A119 dashcam and I connect using the power socket as I don't use parking mode. I saw some discussion about power to the sockets which confused me. Does the power go off to the sockets when the ignition is turned off?

Thanks for any replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts