Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 G25 Astina AWD | Snowflake White Pearl
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I washed my car for the first time last night the proximity key isn't locking the car no matter how I touch the outside of the door handle? Tried pressing, swiping and then the dealership called me for their follow up call today and I mentioned it and the guy said to hold it on the handle for 2 seconds and that never worked either. It's unlocking fine and still locks when I walk away from the car. Anyone have any tips on how to get it working again?

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
51 Posts
Mazda Germany has published a service bulletin for exactly that problem. Water in the door handle leads to less sensitivity of the sensor and the dealer has to install a sort of rubber protection for the cars it affects. I have it enclosed but it's in German. It does contain pictures though. The reference number R023/20 should be the same in EU, don't know for Down Under. @ASH8 may be able to assist for the Australian TSB number.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30 preferred trim
20 Posts
My car locks sometimes when I walk away and sometimes it doesn't.
If I push the door shut as I'm walking away it won't lock the doors. I need to be next to the car when I shut the door then after I hear the first beep I can walk away and it will beep again and lock the doors. Maybe that's what is happening for you?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
220 Posts
If I push the door shut as I'm walking away it won't lock the doors. I need to be next to the car when I shut the door then after I hear the first beep I can walk away and it will beep again and lock the doors. Maybe that's what is happening for you?
I have the same issue it's quite frustrating. On my cx-3 I could be like 10 ft away from my cx-3 and it would still lock but 8 out of 10 times mine won't because I'm not close enough on my cx30 I wish we could upgrade the antenna 😟😟

1 - 5 of 5 Posts