Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mazda (small as they are) is wanting to increase their brand caché against Mercedes, BMW, and Audi as a path to growth and higher profits They may eventually go after the sportier Mercedes AMG, BMW M-series, Audi RS, and Porsche market also but that’s not yet the case.
The 2022 CX-5 Carbon Edition actually has the factory-standard blacked out front grill trim, though the lower window trim is still silver. Mazda could have at least been consistent with their Carbon Edition looks/goodies & done that for the CX-30, but no. I originally had planned to buy the 2022 CX-5 CE or Premium, but it was a bit too large for my taste in-person, & the dealership had just received their first 2022 CX-30 Carbon Edition (which was the perfect size for my tastes). So, here I am after that quick pivot.
You hit it right on the head👍🏼 Had Mazda continued with blackout theme along window trim and and badges it would have been home run. The black contrasting with White, Red, Greys and Silver colors would have looked great! And Black on Black would look killer. The CX-30 body lines with large black cladding would tie everything together IMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Project Mu NS-C street pads front only. I’ve been using project mu pads for close to 15 yrs. They are ultra high performance pads, they are very expensive fronts were $180 are made by JDM company. They were hard to find for CX-30, I had to wait nearly 6 weeks to get them. I brought two pairs with current supply chain issues. Their street pads are low dust low noise great progressive pedal feel. IMO the best for track and street with different combos street/track track only,autocross, street only, street/strip etc.

These are over kill for CX-30 and CX-30 Turbo I just like Project MU pads. On my IS-F front pads are $430 rear pads $450!!! Not whole lot of info out there on after market pads. There are pads available it seems most owner just opt for OEM pads and CX-30 has only been out for 2 yrs so most brake pads are still in good shape.

Don’t forget good quality tires are equally important when it comes to stopping performance. Changing tires made difference when it came to braking, turning ie changing direction, comfort, noise, wet and dry stopping distances. I say better tires are more important than brake pads for CX-30 imo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What size tires did you change to? They look great.
Thank you, I think they now fill the wheelwells up much better than OEM tires and rims. New tires 235/55/18, these rims are 8in wide with 40 offset. Overall tire size is now 28.2in tall with a tire width of 9.3in and sidewall height of now 5.2in.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

21 - 25 of 25 Posts