Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find a way to advance from one station to the next in one step. Owners book says to press and hold fast forward switch but that doesn't work.
Voice commands will do it but I;m looking for a manual method. All I can manage now is two steps: go to favorites and then choose next station.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
710 Posts
are you talking about the one on the steering wheel? There is also the volume button on the console to the right of the commander knob.

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't seem to find a way to advance from one station to the next in one step. Owners book says to press and hold fast forward switch but that doesn't work.
Voice commands will do it but I;m looking for a manual method. All I can manage now is two steps: go to favorites and then choose next station.
I have tried both and they only advance to the end of a track but not to the next station in my favorites. For example from Sirius 60s station to 70s.
Any other cars I have owned would advance to the next station.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
284 Posts
I have only tried mine on FM and it works. Checked Sirius and like you said does not do anything. Not sure if it is suppose to?

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only tried mine on FM and it works. Checked Sirius and like you said does not do anything. Not sure if it is suppose to?
YES!! I had only tried changing Sirius stations. For some reason that doesn't work but I had success with AM and FM as you suggested. Not sure why Sirius doesn't work the same. It does in my wife's Honda. Anyway, glad for a resolution. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you have the GT model with Sirius built in? I don't, so I have to access my SXM through apple carplay... would love to do this as well to quickly change stations....

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 Premium
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have the GT model with Sirius built in? I don't, so I have to access my SXM through apple carplay... would love to do this as well to quickly change stations....
Sirius is built in.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
710 Posts
"Photecs" & "jankfan1" you should fill out your drive info accounts settings so it shows up each time you post and then we know what you are actually driving, makes it easier for everyone and while you are at it, fill out your location.

Reactions: Tommieremix

·
Registered
6 Posts
YES!! I had only tried changing Sirius stations. For some reason that doesn't work but I had success with AM and FM as you suggested. Not sure why Sirius doesn't work the same. It does in my wife's Honda. Anyway, glad for a resolution. Thanks.
I asked the dealership about this because all our other Mazda's (even 3's) have let you change stations including Sirius using the steering wheel. This car does not. It's so distracting to have to use the large center wheel and the voice activating is not great. Have no idea what would posses them to to change that for this model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have tried both and they only advance to the end of a track but not to the next station in my favorites. For example from Sirius 60s station to 70s.
Any other cars I have owned would advance to the next station.
It only will change the stations for regular radio not Sirius. Ridiculous. The whole sound system on the CX30 is problematic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts