Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CX 30 Soul Red
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps,
I collected my new soul red CX 30 on the 22 Feb this year. With all of the COVID restrictions the car has been sat on the drive so I decided to have the paintwork treated to protect it from bird droppings. On collecting my car I have picked up a random beep. It’s loud and quite distinct but as I said really random. There are no other warning signs on the dash to tell me what this bloody beep is!!!
I’ve been back to the dealer and they can’t help, anyone got any ideas please?

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
336 Posts
Hi Peeps,
I collected my new soul red CX 30 on the 22 Feb this year. With all of the COVID restrictions the car has been sat on the drive so I decided to have the paintwork treated to protect it from bird droppings. On collecting my car I have picked up a random beep. It’s loud and quite distinct but as I said really random. There are no other warning signs on the dash to tell me what this bloody beep is!!!
is it happening at a cretin speed etc? If you are able to can you please record it and post it on here as the more details the better :)

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
20 Posts
Hi Peeps,
Could it be a long beep or a high pitched buzz? If so, it could be the engine (here’s part of an earlier thread):

·
Registered
CX 30 Soul Red
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it happening at a cretin speed etc? If you are able to can you please record it and post it on here as the more details the better :)
Hi,
No it is completely random and not speed related in anyway. It will beep maybe once as I reverse off the drive or it will beep repeatedly as I reverse off the drive. It will also beep as I’m driving in the same way i.e. either once or repeatedly. It doesn’t activate so much at higher, steadier speeds such as on duel carriageway or motorway. It must also be system linked as the music system reduces reduces in volume when the beep sounds. IT’S NOT ANNOYING AT ALL HONEST!!!!
Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi,
No it is completely random and not speed related in anyway. It will beep maybe once as I reverse off the drive or it will beep repeatedly as I reverse off the drive. It will also beep as I’m driving in the same way i.e. either once or repeatedly. It doesn’t activate so much at higher, steadier speeds such as on duel carriageway or motorway. It must also be system linked as the music system reduces reduces in volume when the beep sounds. IT’S NOT ANNOYING AT ALL HONEST!!!!
Any help greatly appreciated.
Dose your CX 30 happen to have cross traffic alert and collision avoidance by any chance? With rear parking assist and rear cross traffic alert?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes it does.
Any warnings come up when it goes off beeping?? Also try temperarly turning it off with the button on the driver's side with the vehicle with a circle around it and see if it goes away .. I have a feeling it's the safety features.. have you had a vehicle with these things before? It will beep and you as well with the blind spot montering when someone is in your blind spot.

·
Registered
CX 30 Soul Red
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No warnings, that’s the main problem with finding out what this random beep is! I have had a car with these features before but didn’t have this issue.
The other point here is the beep only started after I had the paint protection applied. I know it’s not that causing the problem, it’s more likely to be that the guys who did the work whilst sanitising my car for COVID protection have changed a setting on the dash or one of the other settings.
I have switched everything off then switched them back on individually but the beep goes on! Lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Factory reset maybe ? In mazda connect.. also record it if you can as. I want to hear it as I might know what it is but don't know much of anything if I can't hear it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I’ll give the reset a go and see if I can capture the beep on my phone.
Lol yah otherwise all is can think of is montey python.. it's the machine that goes bing! 😂😂 And plus you are in the UK so I can't help my self with that joke 😋

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

If you've had it sprayed then could they have sprayed over a sensor somewhere so it thinks something is there when it's not, maybe??

Good luck. Only had mine a week, and still trying to identify a lot of different beeps! 😊

·
Registered
CX 30 Soul Red
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi
A full reset cured the beep problem but caused my voice activated systems to stop working. The new issue is being looked at by my dealership, wish me luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts