Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 e-Skyactiv X FWD MT GT Plus/SO/LU
14 Posts
That is for the model 2020.
Could you tell us what type of CX-30 you have (X, G or D) and if you added an accessory that uses power such as dash cam, aftermarket wireless charger etc.

·
Registered
e-Skyactiv-x 186 cv 2021 zenith safety machine gray
28 Posts
No accessory and its a e-skyactiv-x 186. From the second day when they give it to me its start this problem. About a month and its in the Mazda ingineers with my car because they dont find anything. :(

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
79 Posts
Mazda engineers from Mazda Spain/importer or from the dealership? And that you have a 2021 model does not always mean the modules contain the latest software versions available. Was the welcome light function checked, see flat battery ? Mine was activated which should not be the case for Europe as that function is not supported at all in Europe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I suppose that the original battery has been changed with a new one, to rule out the possibility of a defective battery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes..they change the battery with a new one specially for the e-skyactiv-x but the same problem. I mean with the engineers froma Mazda Spain and yesterday directly from Japon they colected all the data.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
668 Posts
just got back from my local dealer this afternoon as they contacted me a few days ago to ask me to bring in my CX-30 to have an update on various modules to prevent any excessive battery draw when the vehicle is "asleep". This was a TSB not a recall, no charge and they even washed my car after. It took about half-hour.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
159 Posts
just got back from my local dealer this afternoon as they contacted me a few days ago to ask me to bring in my CX-30 to have an update on various modules to prevent any excessive battery draw when the vehicle is "asleep". This was a TSB not a recall, no charge and they even washed my car after. It took about half-hour.
Good news. I also have an appointment in few weeks for, I hope, the same TSB.
Hopefully, this will solve the battery issues.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
60 Posts
I was at my Mazda dealer today for a safety on my 2012 Jaguar XF . They were doing this TSB on a Mazda 3 and are doing it on CX30 also. I have had no problem with the battery in my CX30.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
159 Posts
The problem occurs only when you use the sounds system on acc mode (no engine). Other than that, I'm quite satisfied with my car.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
88 Posts
Below is a link to my post concerning the SSPC5 Update that was done (along with SSPC4, Bose speaker issue). On of the three things addressed concerns battery drain.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sat in the car for about 15 minutes with just the radio on, waiting for the wife. Car wouldn’t start when she came back, flat battery.
Any ‘ordinary’ car could have the headlights, radio, & charging phones on for longer than that without any adverse effects. What could have caused such a massive drain on the battery in such a short time?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sat in the car for about 15 minutes with just the radio on, waiting for the wife. Car wouldn’t start when she came back, flat battery.
Any ‘ordinary’ car could have the headlights, radio, & charging phones on for longer than that without any adverse effects. What could have caused such a massive drain on the battery in such a short time?
If you have a MY2021 after some time in acc mode it warns you to turn on the engine and if you don't it shuts down automatically, in order to prevent the battery from completely draining.
Today i had my two front windows tinted, the car was in acc mode for about 30 minutes with radio playing and navi showing info, the warning didn't appear and car started normally.
I haven't really figured out when the low voltage message appears, I've seen it once after a 3 day inactivity but in my case i believe that due to low mileage my battery hasn't completely charged.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
159 Posts
This is a real problem with this car. I have an appointment with the dealer for a software update and I hope this will adress the battery issues. I will let you know when it's done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For the moment for the model 2021 thats nothing to do with no actualizacion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is a real problem with this car. I have an appointment with the dealer for a software update and I hope this will adress the battery issues. I will let you know when it's done.
Took mine straight to the dealer’s after Mazda Rescue came out & jump started it, they can keep it ‘till they get it sorted.
It must be something with a very heavy current draw to deplete the battery that quick. When it was trying to start, there was a lot of clicking & clonking going on under the floor. Possibly something to do with the electric parking brake?

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
159 Posts
Took mine straight to the dealer’s after Mazda Rescue came out & jump started it, they can keep it ‘till they get it sorted.
It must be something with a very heavy current draw to deplete the battery that quick. When it was trying to start, there was a lot of clicking & clonking going on under the floor. Possibly something to do with the electric parking brake?
Regarging the electric parking brake, I can hear mine but a very little noise. For the first issue, many poeple had this problem and Mazda is probably working hard to solve it. Just listening the music required to operate many electronics components and drain alot of juice apparently. I have forced my dealer the change the battery, just to elliminate that possible cause. I have also questionned Mazda by email many weeks ago and I still wait for a reply.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts