Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
e-Skyactiv-x 186 cv 2021 zenith safety machine gray
28 Posts
When i was see that the Mazda Spain cant resolve the problem i wrote to Mazda Europe and to Mazda Japan. In a few days they call me from Mazda Spain and they say please we will try to workit and things like that. But the real problem is Mazda Japan because they know about this problem and they sell this model with a real problem. We are in all world with this problem. Not only in Spain, USA or England and Rumania... Model 2021

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
159 Posts
When i was see that the Mazda Spain cant resolve the problem i wrote to Mazda Europe and to Mazda Japan. In a few days they call me from Mazda Spain and they say please we will try to workit and things like that. But the real problem is Mazda Japan because they know about this problem and they sell this model with a real problem. We are in all world with this problem. Not only in Spain, USA or England and Rumania... Model 2021
I have a 2020.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im werry sad because i pay a lot of money for my car and from the first day its like without battery. In 4 days without used the battery is off :(

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
159 Posts
I hope that Mazda will fix it soon, otherwise, some automotive journalists will publish the issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Regarging the electric parking brake, I can hear mine but a very little noise. For the first issue, many poeple had this problem and Mazda is probably working hard to solve it. Just listening the music required to operate many electronics components and drain alot of juice apparently. I have forced my dealer the change the battery, just to elliminate that possible cause. I have also questionned Mazda by email many weeks ago and I still wait for a reply.
Where did you get the direct email address for Mazda PJ? I’ve not been able to find one over here.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
668 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
You better write to Mazda Europe directly because they are werry fast .

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L AWD Pearl White
13 Posts
Just on a side note. I tried very hard to actually search through the manual on how to properly shut down the car and leave it until used again. Should I have missed it, my apologies;-) There are no instructions whether or not the doors must be locked and doors closed, etc. (In a garage I may want to leave the door open for some reason. Anyways, Mazda has not properly documented vehicle shut down procedures or recommendations at all and leaves the pertinent consequences unsaid.

The point is, if the sophisticated computerized vehicle management has a mind of its own, it better be documented to avoid all the problems I am reading about. It is criminal for a manufacturer to leave its customers in the unclear. It is no longer possible to use your common sense because software design and complicated hardware have a mind on their own. Hence, there is a clear need for the manufacturer to properly and completely documenting those points.

As a customer I should expect, that the car software has enough intelligence to know whether or not the customer has retired the car for the moment and do the proper shutdown for him. I think we have for far too long let the manufacturers rush their product to market and leave the poor customers with unfinished and poorly working devices. It is not good enough to make a car that runs, it is also essential to get the software right to the extent, that mission critical aspects work the way they (traditionally) did. Otherwise, they are selling us broken toys.

Anyways, just letting off steam:)

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
159 Posts
Just on a side note. I tried very hard to actually search through the manual on how to properly shut down the car and leave it until used again. Should I have missed it, my apologies;-) There are no instructions whether or not the doors must be locked and doors closed, etc. (In a garage I may want to leave the door open for some reason. Anyways, Mazda has not properly documented vehicle shut down procedures or recommendations at all and leaves the pertinent consequences unsaid.

The point is, if the sophisticated computerized vehicle management has a mind of its own, it better be documented to avoid all the problems I am reading about. It is criminal for a manufacturer to leave its customers in the unclear. It is no longer possible to use your common sense because software design and complicated hardware have a mind on their own. Hence, there is a clear need for the manufacturer to properly and completely documenting those points.

As a customer I should expect, that the car software has enough intelligence to know whether or not the customer has retired the car for the moment and do the proper shutdown for him. I think we have for far too long let the manufacturers rush their product to market and leave the poor customers with unfinished and poorly working devices. It is not good enough to make a car that runs, it is also essential to get the software right to the extent, that mission critical aspects work the way they (traditionally) did. Otherwise, they are selling us broken toys.

Anyways, just letting off steam:)
Hi. I sent the following letter to Mazda Canada April first:

According to my own experience and also according to the many comments on social networks, the CX30 has a serious battery problem that discharges abnormally. Personally, I had to call Mazda twice and twice the CAA for a battery boost not counting the time at the movie park where a good Samaritan overtook me while I was the only one broke down; not very good publicity for Mazda.

I love my CX30 but if I was asked today if I am satisfied with my purchase, it would be hard for me to say yes.

I believe Mazda should contact all CX30 owners to reassure them and inform them of the steps Mazda intends to take to rectify the situation. I was recently called by the dealer for the reprogramming of the vehicle.

Is the SSPC5 "Reprogram Control Unit" intended to correct the problem and if so, I would like to know because my spouse and I are always afraid to take a seat in a vehicle that may not leave.

I still wait for an annwer...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,
thanks for the update. I really hope they can address your issues in a satisfactory manner. The SSPC5 may not apply to you possibly. I have documented some of my own findings here:

Perhaps it can give you some insight on what might be going on. I have my CX-30 since the middle of March and observed no issues other than the observation I documented in the link. I really wished the manufacturers were more diligent in their designs. It seems a lot of design decision demonstrate poor judgement and design decisions. What makes it worse is the fact, that vehicle electronics is often made by third party vendors. Mazda does not design all the electronics in-house. Companies such as Bosch and many other companies do this. Often design specs don't necessarily get implemented as intended and the "Good enough" attitude prevails. It is a sad state, that is in many areas industry wide and symptomatic of a sick system. SW/HW problems like this are very frustratingly fixable as it costs the companies money they don't want to spend. This is also called the banana policy - "Let the product ripe with the customer". Sorry to sound depressing, but I work in the industry and know what is going on. The CEOs could care less about a lot of the things that irritate us. My previous car from 2006 (Toyota Matrix) behaved absolutely flawless. Unfortunately it was destroyed while parked by a right turning semitrailer truck. This CX-30, albeit nice to drive, can't be considered truly trustworthy (yet) because of the many things going on inside its guts, that we cannot monitor with normal means. The worse thing about 2021 is that most cars are similarly badly designed because they all use similar methods to make the vehicles work.

Anyways, I really hope you will be able to get your problem fixed in a reasonable manner and wish you Best of Luck resolving those persistent problems that plague modern products so often.

Regards,
Scotty

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
304 Posts
I agree with a lot of what you say, @Scotty73. I also run a 20-year old SLK - and that I can mend myself, with conventional tools. This one? I doubt there's much we can do ourselves (although no doubt we'll try!)

Maybe I ought to introduce a DIY section in the forum for some hints and tips from members.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with a lot of what you say, @Scotty73. I also run a 20-year old SLK - and that I can mend myself, with conventional tools. This one? I doubt there's much we can do ourselves (although no doubt we'll try!)

Maybe I ought to introduce a DIY section in the forum for some hints and tips from members.
That sounds like an excellent idea and I would welcome it very much. By sharing information and experiences we might be able to clarify some of the nagging issues.

The real problem is, that as consumers we are as not privy on the inner workings of those complicated systems. Proper documentation would take a lot out of this guessing game. We are so often just speculating on what is going on instead and this is not our fault. Given how troublesome some shutdown scenarios are, I found it quite amazing, that the CX-30 manual does not even explain shutdown procedures, unless I have missed it somehow in this 600 page tome. I have not yet investigated the availability of electrical service manual documentation. (I had such manuals for my previous Toyota)

Scotty

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with a lot of what you say, @Scotty73. I also run a 20-year old SLK - and that I can mend myself, with conventional tools
I used to own a 1973 Austin Mini(997) and completely maintained it. It needed a lot of attention, but that was part of the experience. I am still very fond of this venerable car. It gave me a lot of pleasure.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
159 Posts
I 100% agree with you folks. I also have an Elentra 2014 and a Fit 2008. There is much more cargo space in the Fit compared to the CX30 and the Elentra has just the level of technogies I’m Looking for. Yes, we need to share everything that can help owners.

·
Administrator
304 Posts
That sounds like an excellent idea and I would welcome it very much. By sharing information and experiences we might be able to clarify some of the nagging issues.

The real problem is, that as consumers we are as not privy on the inner workings of those complicated systems. Proper documentation would take a lot out of this guessing game. We are so often just speculating on what is going on instead and this is not our fault. Given how troublesome some shutdown scenarios are, I found it quite amazing, that the CX-30 manual does not even explain shutdown procedures, unless I have missed it somehow in this 600 page tome. I have not yet investigated the availability of electrical service manual documentation. (I had such manuals for my previous Toyota)

Scotty
Take a look at this thread and let me know what you think:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Martin,
I tried to enter a contribution in Modifications, but can't find it anymore. I must have made a mistake by using "Start a Discussion".
Perhaps you might find it somewhere. It is about the USB jack inside the center storage compartment.
Scotty

·
Administrator
304 Posts
I found your post!! (y)

It got marked as possible Spam and I had to approve it. Your post is now visible.

Reactions: Scotty73
41 - 60 of 61 Posts