Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
324 Posts
They might start tearing apart the dash. Which can lead to more rattles and issues. If it happens rarely only on one road for a few seconds. I would not risk it...
It's happening a good amount of time so I'm not sure and curious what they will say at the dealership.

·
Registered
324 Posts
They might start tearing apart the dash. Which can lead to more rattles and issues. If it happens rarely only on one road for a few seconds. I would not risk it...
Now the issue is becoming alloted more frequent as it gets colder so I'm becoming concerned so the dealership wants me to leave it for them overnight night so first thing in the morning the master tech can take a toot in it and see if he knows what it is while they give me a loaner vehicle for the night because I work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I seem to have the same vibration-y burr as you but not the more pronounced rattle. Occurs as UKCX30SOON describes - under low acceleration / uphill / low revs / surface related (?). Intermittent but I fear getting worse. Sounds like coming from behind central control panel / heating. Something loose or not secured vibrating under certain conditions. I also had the suspension recall noise which was picked up by me on driving off after collection in Jan. That seems to have been corrected. CX30 Skyactiv X GT Sport Tech. I've not reported to dealer yet but will during first service.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I seem to have the same vibration-y burr as you but not the more pronounced rattle. Occurs as UKCX30SOON describes - under low acceleration / uphill / low revs / surface related (?). Intermittent but I fear getting worse. Sounds like coming from behind central control panel / heating. Something loose or not secured vibrating under certain conditions. I also had the suspension recall noise which was picked up by me on driving off after collection in Jan. That seems to have been corrected. CX30 Skyactiv X GT Sport Tech. I've not reported to dealer yet but will during first service.
They want me to leave mine overnight with them tomorrow and give me a loaner vehicle for a day while the master technician look's into the issue as it's pretty noticeable and he will take it for a spin first thing in the morning as I sent the service manager that same video clip. It's a really annoying rattling lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
See for me it's only on one side that I can hear on the driver's side .. it sounds like plastic rattling around at lower speeds as if something loose bouncing around inside the dash ... Like a air damper.. it's weired.
This is eerily familiar to what we are hearing in my Mazda3. My car has been in 3 times and the dealer has not been able to fix it. They have tried different things but I really feel like they're stabbing in the dark and it is all guesswork. Mazda head office here in New Zealand claim there are no known issues with rattling in the 2020 Mazda3. I am going to go out and record the sound today and send to them because it actually seems to be getting worse (which makes me think something has come loose, perhaps). The CX30 I had for 48 hours had exactly the same annoying sounds.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts