Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Soul Red
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small rattling is occurring while driving and is located just to the right of the air conditioning console in the middle of the dashboard of the cabin at the front of the car. It occurs while driving over bumpy or uneven roads that are not a smooth drive. It sounds like the source of the rattling is located underneath the dashboard. I tried pushing in parts of the interior trim in that area and visually inspected the outside parts of the interior trim and could not identify the source of the rattle. I have uploaded a video of the issue at this link (the volume may need to be turned up): Streamable Video

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Turned out to be the trim in the footwell of the front passenger side. Its the molding of the center console to the area about 7 o'clock to the glove compartment, basically where the plastic trim meets the leather trim from the center console.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I pushed some of that trim around and also set up my bag next to it on my drive to work, pushing up against the trouble spot. There was a huge decrease in the rattling. I was thinking of just shoving something soft and thin under the trim to make it unable to freely vibrate.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
161 Posts
Update. Turned out to be the trim in the footwell of the front passenger side. Its the molding of the center console to the area about 7 o'clock to the glove compartment, basically where the plastic trim meets the leather trim from the center console.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I pushed some of that trim around and also set up my bag next to it on my drive to work, pushing up against the trouble spot. There was a huge decrease in the rattling. I was thinking of just shoving something soft and thin under the trim to make it unable to freely vibrate.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!
I would take it back to the dealer and ask them to fix it as the car is under warranty.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
15 Posts
I have noticed some vibration noise in the area of the seat belts on the door frames in the front. Minor irritation but still. Overall, as much as I like this car I don't feel it is as well constructed as the 2017 CX5 we had. That's a feeling only and not based finding any faults

·
Registered
Skyactive X, Tech Pack, AWD - Machine Grey
5 Posts
Same here. Turned out to be the adjustment for the seat belt on the driver side, the button made some noise on tougher roads. Also I had some plastic "cracking" noises from the front door on the driver side and that was because of the two small "door stops" on the lower part of the door. Silicone to the rescue and now silent again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Actually that wasn't the issue I previously posted on this thread. I took it to the dealer and they road tested all afternoon and couldn't reproduce it. I'm still scratching my head as to what the problem is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts