Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi cx30 gang, I purchased a 2021 cx30 turbo after having a cx3 and thought it met my needs and was a good design. The cx30 is a good car but a week ago after having a service for oil and cabin air filter there was a problem with the rear differential. I contacted the dealership and they tested the car and discovered the rear differential was damaged to the point it needed to be completly replaced? There was a loud sound when making a left turn . a cracking noise. The service writer said he thought the right rear wheel was going to come off! As a car mechanic a long time ago i know mechanical things and to me it sounded like a binding CV joint or u joint. I have the car back and so far so good but i've never heard of a low milage new car having a failed rear differential. Any other cx30 owners have a similar problem? thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not familiar with the term oil misting on threads. Can you be more specific? This problem was inside the read differential and likely involved the planetary gears and clutch packs . The right rear wheel and half shaft could be rotated and nothing else moved! Not the other wheel or drive shaft running to the front transmission.
I was also confused when the service people said they needed to program the differential. I wasn't aware there was anything to program in the diff! Art 🎨 🖼 🎭

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I'm not familiar with the term oil misting on threads. Can you be more specific? This problem was inside the read differential and likely involved the planetary gears and clutch packs . The right rear wheel and half shaft could be rotated and nothing else moved! Not the other wheel or drive shaft running to the front transmission.
I was also confused when the service people said they needed to program the differential. I wasn't aware there was anything to program in the diff! Art 🎨 🖼 🎭
After rereading both threads, the two look to be unrelated. Leaking oil (rear suspension area)

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts