Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my first time on here. Bought my CX30 in Aug 2021 and recently took for diagnostics as during heavy rain, the rear floor behind the passenger seat has gotten soaked twice. Car was not in use and parked on a flat surface. The second time I put a towel down overnight and it was absolutely soaked by the morning. Mazda ‘tested’ the seals with a hose and came back inconclusive, unable to find the leak. They tried to charge me for the testing but I refused and managed to get out of it, but they found ‘evidence of water having been present’ under the carpet on that side all the way up to the passenger footwells. Car has less than 6K on the odometer so very nervous about finding the problem getting it rectified. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally got another appointment for Thursday. They made me wait until it leaked again to book another appointment. Thankfully I have a better idea where it’s coming from now as I’ve determined what area is getting wet first. I believe it’s the lower door seal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They’re ordering parts for mine too. Some channel at the base of the door pooling and coming in to the footwell through a ‘tab’ or something? I don’t have the written info yet but it’s booked in again on the 2nd to get fixed under warranty. Woohoo for answers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts