Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all Mazda CX-30 owners!
I recently purchased a Mazda CX-30, however, without the LED premium package for front and rear lights. Any idea how to fix the rear tail lights, just like in the second picture? Really appreciate any idea that might work. Thank you!

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
87 Posts
You would probably need to buy a set of the inner housings for the model that has the LEDs on that portion. The other question is; is the wiring already there? If you needed to add wiring, it would probably be a nightmare. :eek: I have a U.S. "Premium" model that has the inner section with LEDs - honestly, it's not that big of a deal to me. Good luck though! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also curious to know whether anyone has been able to enable the inner rear light - whether the wiring is already installed and it's just a matter of buying the inner housing with LED. Has anyone tried?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have a CX-30 why not just take a tool and remove the inner part and find out? 🙃
I don't have one and will not be buying if these lights can't be fixed. The premium model is very overpriced for what it is, no value. Mazda cut too many corners by opting to skip these inner lights on most packages.

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
87 Posts
I don't have one and will not be buying if these lights can't be fixed. The premium model is very overpriced for what it is, no value. Mazda cut too many corners by opting to skip these inner lights on most packages.
If those two minor lights are the deciding point on buying or not buying a CX-30... :unsure:

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
710 Posts
let me know if you find a vehicle from any manufacturer that is perfect, you always have to compromise on some features. 😄. The rear additional lighting feature for lower models would be nice, but not something I would dismiss this vehicle over, I think you need to make a plus and minus list. Check with a dealer to see if it's possible.

My previous vehicle had the smart key (advance keyless) feature and power folding mirrors which I really miss, but survive without them as all the other features on my CX-30 more than made up for it.

Just curious what other vehicles would be on your considering list, that compares to the CX-30?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
710 Posts
You know... unless you have helpful information as originally requested by this this thread, you're not helping.
sorry I thought I did - "Check with a dealer to see if it's possible" - have you? Surely they would know. If they could, then I'm sure it could be worked into a deal to purchase a vehicle, if it's not that extensive.

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello to all lucky CX30 owners,
I have the same inner rear body which does not illuminate. Mine CX30 also doesn't have the premium LED package included. Compared to all the extras of the model, this is a minor issue, really.
But...! From an aesthetic point of view, this irritates me a lot!
Therefore, I would be extremely grateful if a colleague gave an idea of how we can make that light start to work, as with other modifications.
Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
your link was removed, id like to know if this is possible
Hi, I saw now that the link is removed by the moderator. Yes I think it is possible.

Let we focus on how to resolve the issue with the not illuminated rear tail lights. I would be extremely grateful if anyone has and share with us a working idea how to push that nice lights ON :)

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
310 Posts
Hi, I saw now that the link is removed by the moderator. Yes I think it is possible.

Let we focus on how to resolve the issue with the not illuminated rear tail lights. I would be extremely grateful if anyone has and share with us a working idea how to push that nice lights ON :)
expand...
Well it appears you potentially seem to be in luck.. I have come across a site that I've purchased a couple items on overseas and they happen to have the signature LED tail lights. The current ones on your model do not have an LED in that section that you're referring to so you would need to purchase a set that does. According to their site it's plug and Play. There are now two threads going on about this and I posted the resolution in the other I'll post the link below.. cx30 rear signature tail lights

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
438 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts