Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bothered that a vehicle of this magnitude does not come with a lock system when the gate is open. This is my 3rd wiper replacement.

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a Mazda 3 and upgraded to a CX30. On 3 different occasions I have accidentally left the gate open (up) and proceeded to exit my garage. The gate hit the bottom of the garage door as I exited and broke the rear wiper. Understandably I was my error, my point is just one would think that manufacturers would make it so that the vehicle cannot move with the gate up.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
807 Posts
you can't expect the manufacturer to cover every possibility of people not paying attention to their surroundings, besides there is a warning light on your dash specifically indicating the tailgate is open so you should be paying attention to your gauges before you move your vehicle at any time.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
72 Posts
I would think that the air coming in from the rear would be a clue, something is not right?

Or, WOW look at how clear a view I have as I back up, this car has no rear-view blockage!

I can even see doing it once, but I would have learned from that mistake, but 3 times?

I would suggest putting s sticky note on the steering wheel when you open the rear hatch but if you do not see the warning light, the sticky note would probably be overlooked also.

I wish you success in conquering this Mazda defect!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5 S PF AWD Red
50 Posts
Wow. Yeh, sorry, but cant blame that on the car…. I’m kinda the opposite, trying not to rely on these features so much. I have a good driving record. Have always been very alert to my surroundings. As a first time ‘smart car’ owner l’m finding its easy to get a little complacent. Got to remember its just tools to help the driver. a bunch of sensors with a very limited response scope.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts
@matalyn - Welcome to the forum.

As others have said, this isn't a fault with the car. There may be instances when you NEED to move the car with the tailgate open. It's up to you, as driver, to ensure your car is appropriately ready for the manoeuvres you intend to make.

This includes the state of the tailgate.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
95 Posts
I know everyone does stupid stuff from time to time. I can see how one could leave the hatch up and hit the garage door ONCE. Twice? Three times? WOW! Just how many times does it take for a person to figure out that they have a hand in doing the same stupid thing over and over? I've never even heard of anyone doing something like this once. So, yes, the OP should file a lawsuit against Mazda and all the other car manufacturers for not having a lock so that the car can't move with the hatch up. This is America, a lot of people sue for a living. {In case anyone doesn't get it, I'm being sarcastic...}

I really think this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this or any forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts