Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I've come to notice my rearview mirror seems to be shifting or drifting positions on its own. About every other day or so I need to readjust it and raise it back up, as it is pointing more so to the ground when I look in the mirror. I'm guessing there might be a bolt or something I can tighten. Is anyone familiar or experiencing this issue issue?😞😞

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Soul Red
5 Posts
I literally thought I was going crazy with this. Mine goes down pointing to the ground about every 3-4 days.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I literally thought I was going crazy with this. Mine goes down pointing to the ground about every 3-4 days.
You are not alone and you will never be alone 😞. Hopefully we can band together and solve this debilitating issue ❤❤

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
I know it does point down when reverse is selected to assist in parking / kerb sight. Does it not shift back after?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are not talking about the side mirrors. We're talking about the one that is on the windshield.🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
Ahh my mistake!

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
678 Posts
I have the top trim level and I find it really stiff to move and re adjust for say another driver that im afraid to break it as its that stiff to move to adjust...

·
Registered
678 Posts
We have the same as @detailcarguy and yes it stiff to move. Not overly so but a very firm mount. Kind of like it actually
the auto dimming left driveres mirror and rear veiw is a nice touch that i do like with bright headlights shineing into the back from another driver.. iv never had a vehicle with that feature.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone more people experienced this yet? It's still quite a pain to always have to adjust. & Hard to get to a dealership with covid going on. Wonder if a solution was found 😔

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone more people experienced this yet? It's still quite a pain to always have to adjust. & Hard to get to a dealership with covid going on. Wonder if a solution was found 😔
I'm going to the dealership ship today for my first oil change & to have them finally look at my rearview mirror issue that some of you & myself are experiencing 😞. I'll post my results later ❤❤

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to the dealership ship today for my first oil change & to have them finally look at my rearview mirror issue that some of you & myself are experiencing 😞. I'll post my results later ❤❤
The dealer was unable to replicate the issue the hour that it was in the shop they said I would need to leave it overnight for them to further examine it. I did not take them up on the offer yet but we'll do that shortly. I'll post my results again after I accomplish that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealer was unable to replicate the issue the hour that it was in the shop they said I would need to leave it overnight for them to further examine it. I did not take them up on the offer yet but we'll do that shortly. I'll post my results again after I accomplish that.
I will be dropping the car off at the dealership tomorrow for them to gauge the mirror over the weekend to see how much it droops for them to authorize a fix for it. I'll keep you all updated as many of us are struggling with the same issue 😔

·
Registered
678 Posts
I will be dropping the car off at the dealership tomorrow for them to gauge the mirror over the weekend to see how much it droops for them to authorize a fix for it. I'll keep you all updated as many of us are struggling with the same issue 😔
had to go to my dealership today cus the engine coolant tank was on low and its really cold here -35 and service manger gave me a funny look and said.. geez most people dont ever look under the hood but good on you.. I replied well its been really cold so I check it once a week general check of fluids with my weekly wash.. strange to me why it was low... engine was at operating temp when i checked it... perhaps evaporation as i doubt there is a serious problem and engine oil is on point.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
had to go to my dealership today cus the engine coolant tank was on low and its really cold here -35 and service manger gave me a funny look and said.. geez most people dont ever look under the hood but good on you.. I replied well its been really cold so I check it once a week general check of fluids with my weekly wash.. strange to me why it was low... engine was at operating temp when i checked it... perhaps evaporation as i doubt there is a serious problem and engine oil is on point.
As promised & to answer all the updated DM"s I have gotten... The shop is keeping the car one more night as they stated they do not notice the mirror dropping nicer night... should have it back tomorrow 🤞

·
Registered
678 Posts
As promised & to answer all the updated DM"s I have gotten... The shop is keeping the car one more night as they stated they do not notice the mirror dropping nicer night... should have it back tomorrow 🤞
Good luck ! It sounds really annoying especially if you are the sole driver of your CX 30 and need to always be adjusting it. Hope they can solve it .. mine did it when it was brand new but now seems to be holding its position..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good luck ! It sounds really annoying especially if you are the sole driver of your CX 30 and need to always be adjusting it. Hope they can solve it .. mine did it when it was brand new but now seems to be holding its position..
Thank youuu, did you do anything you can think of to alleviate your issue or just happened?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thank youuu, did you do anything you can think of to alleviate your issue or just happened?
All i really did was I kept moving it around up down... left to right... i couldn't believe how stiff it is to move and i thought I was going to break it.. so strange but after doing this daily a few times.. i noticed it staying in place better.. I cant explain why but now I nver have to touch it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts