Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
cx 30 awd premium
17 Posts
yeah got the same thing too, for the brake and fuel tank leak. Just called my dealer but they dont have parts yet

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
172 Posts
If you go to the NHTSA site and type in your VIN number you will get the same message for the recall

·
Registered
CX30 2020 Premium Jet Black Mica
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah got the same thing too, for the brake and fuel tank leak. Just called my dealer but they dont have parts yet
Fuel tank leak? Didn't hear of that one

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
57 Posts
The dealer informed me that owners must wait until Mazda reaches out officially by letter --- could take months!

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
184 Posts
I will have ours in my garage this weekend, I will put a torque wrench on the caliper bolts and see if they are loose.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The dealer informed me that owners must wait until Mazda reaches out officially by letter --- could take months!
Call my dealer and they schedule and appointment next Tue for inspection, really a great dealer here in Hawaii

·
Registered
2020 Cx-30 Select Package
39 Posts
I'm assuming the "no parts" and "wait months" is for the gas tank recall?

I took mine in for a free oil change (first year service included at my dealer) and they performed the brake caliper recall too. I hadn't received the notice. With oil change and rotation only took about an hour.
mazda.JPG

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry but you could tone down the size of your post ;) also there is no NHTSA Recall Number for a Fuel Tank leak that I can find

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Preferred AWD White
13 Posts
Sorry but you could tone down the size of your post ;) also there is no NHTSA Recall Number for a Fuel Tank leak that I can find
This is what it shows for my VIN:

Jun 12,2020
Manufacturer Recall Number 4520F
NHTSA Recall Number 20V-347
Recall Status Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
Summary On certain vehicles equipped with all-wheel drive, the fuel evaporative vent hose may not be connected to the fuel sender unit due to an improper manufacturing process at the fuel tank manufacturing plant. When fully refueling the vehicle, liquid fuel will eventually fill the charcoal canister, resulting in a leak.

Safety Risk A leak from the canister in the presence of an ignition source may increase the risk of a fire. Additionally, the engine may stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy Your Mazda dealer will inspect the fuel evaporative vent hose in the vehicle fuel tank. If the hose is found to be disconnected, the dealer will connect the hose to the fuel sender unit and replace the charcoal canister and some related parts with new ones. The inspection and repair will be performed at no cost to you.

·
Registered
CX30 2020 Premium Jet Black Mica
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just called my dealer and got scheduled for 1:00. I'm not having issues so we'll see.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is what it shows for my VIN:

Jun 12,2020
Manufacturer Recall Number 4520F
NHTSA Recall Number 20V-347
Recall Status Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available
Summary On certain vehicles equipped with all-wheel drive, the fuel evaporative vent hose may not be connected to the fuel sender unit due to an improper manufacturing process at the fuel tank manufacturing plant. When fully refueling the vehicle, liquid fuel will eventually fill the charcoal canister, resulting in a leak.

Safety Risk A leak from the canister in the presence of an ignition source may increase the risk of a fire. Additionally, the engine may stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.

Remedy Your Mazda dealer will inspect the fuel evaporative vent hose in the vehicle fuel tank. If the hose is found to be disconnected, the dealer will connect the hose to the fuel sender unit and replace the charcoal canister and some related parts with new ones. The inspection and repair will be performed at no cost to you.
So the recall for the fuel tank seems to be for some AWD's that's why my VIN did not show up as I own a FWD. Or is it just some VIN's?

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
167 Posts
I had an issue for the first time this week that could be related to the brake issue. I have an appointment July 7th but may see if I can get it in sooner.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
184 Posts
There must be a certain VIN range of AWD's potentially affected. Nothing returns on my VIN through the NHTSA recall search.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all first post..
I am a Mazda man of many years and can tell more on these recalls (safety which recalls are ONLY for) for CX-30.
ALL for CX-30 applies to those cars Made in Mazda Mexico Plant, therefore should also include Canada and Europe* sold models.

FRONT BRAKE CALIPER Recall.
This recall is ONLY to inspect and tighten Caliper Bolt Torque and ONLY Applies to cars Made in these Production Dates from October 22, 2019 to March 6, 2020.
VIN 3MV DM**** LM 100339 - 132854

Brake Recall also applies to BP Mazda 3 with exact same Production Dates Above.
Tightening Torque is 20-22 ft-lbs on the 2 bolts on each front Caliper, IF any bolts are missing Caliper will be replaced with new (Very Rare).

FUEL TANK Recall.
On certain subject vehicles, the fuel evaporative vent hose may not be connected to the fuel sender unit.

If the vent hose is disconnected, when fully refueling the vehicle, liquid fuel will eventually fill the charcoal canister, resulting in a leak, which may increase the risk of a fire in the presence of an ignition source. Additionally, the engine may stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.
For all subject vehicles: ONLY 2020 CX-30 AWD.
Made from November 13, 2019 to March 24, 2020.
VIN 3MV DM**** LM 104188 - 137005

The fuel evaporative vent hose in the vehicle fuel tank will be inspected. If the hose is found to be disconnected, the hose will be connected to the fuel sender unit. On sold vehicles, the charcoal sub-canister will be replaced. (this will be the possible new part hold up).
To prevent a possible Fuel Leak scenario DO NOT OVERFILL YOUR FUEL TANK, I would only go to 3/4 Full (approx)

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
167 Posts
Good to know, thanks ASH8. I'll avoid filling the tank completely.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts