Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
142 Posts
MNAO web page has zero information about the CX-30 recalls as of 3:00 a.m. 6/22/20. By searching the recall campaign number provided, these results appear; Mazda CX-30 Recalled For Risk of Fuel Leaks and Fires and Vehicle recall 20V347000 for Mazda CX-30. (Jun. 12, 2020)

My dealer brushed off my question about the recalls.
Brushed it off? Wow...not cool. The articles say both recalls "begin" on 8/11. I have an appt for this Wed but think I'd better call them first to see if they even know wth is going on.

***Update...I spoke to my local dealer and they are aware of the recalls but have not done any yet. Guess I'll be the first. Oh and as expected, they don't have any parts for the fuel tank issue.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
99 Posts
I just called 2 Mazda dealers in my area (NJ) and both said they can't do anything about it yet.

The caliper issue I can take care of, although it would be time consuming without a lift.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just called 2 Mazda dealers in my area (NJ) and both said they can't do anything about it yet.

The caliper issue I can take care of, although it would be time consuming without a lift.
Yeah, I debated doing the caliper check myself and even looked to see if there was a central jacking point in the front, but then I'm like why? Mazda can take of this stuff.

***Anyone know HOW the techs can look IN the fuel tank itself??

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
287 Posts
I just checked my VIN with the U.S. NHTSA site and then Mazda Canada’s site. No recall on my car either.
each country is on it's own as far as VIN registration goes, also a recall in one country may not apply to another even though the vehicle is built in the same plant. Canadian models might be built at different times and possibly in batches separate to models for other countries that the same plant supplies, so things could change.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
25 Posts

You mean they refused to check the brake bolts and tighten them if loose?

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
99 Posts
You mean they refused to check the brake bolts and tighten them if loose?
Correct, which is truly ridiculous.

There are (2) Mazda dealers in my area. They are 26 miles a part. I avoid one dealer as much as possible because I had bad service there. My previous 3 had to have the OCV (oil control valve) replaced. They leak on the Skyactiv engines. It's very common. In order to replace it though, you have to remove the valve cover. They didn't even get that right. It leaked. Job had to be re-done.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
25 Posts

There are (2) Mazda dealers in my area. They are 26 miles a part. I avoid one dealer as much as possible because I had bad service there. My previous 3 had to have the OCV (oil control valve) replaced. They leak on the Skyactiv engines. It's very common. In order to replace it though, you have to remove the valve cover. They didn't even get that right. It leaked. Job had to be re-done.
I'm in Penna. and dealer told me I had to wait for the official Mazda recall notice.

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
152 Posts
I'm in Penna. and dealer told me I had to wait for the official Mazda recall notice.
When I called my dealer they mention that the Mazda recall is not official yet but they told me to come in tomorrow anyway to check the brake bolts and tighten them if they are loose

·
Registered
142 Posts
When I called my dealer they mention that the Mazda recall is not official yet but they told me to come in tomorrow anyway to check the brake bolts and tighten them if they are loose
...which makes perfect sense since a caliper falling off while driving could be a major issue!!! Are they f'ing kidding me?! Some of these dealers are something else. When I called i didn't get the whole "not official yet" soundbite. The advisor went as far as to say that their lead tech would he handling this since they have not had any in for the recalls yet. The service you get boils down to their leadership team and what automotive group they are owned by...period.

·
Registered
22 Posts

OMG....unbelievable, damn lawn mower mechanics, if a "tech" (I use that term loosely) can't remove and replace a valve cover they should be let go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where did you source your information? I entered my VIN on the NHTSA web site with no results, even though my VIN is within the range for the fuel vent hose.
Tell your Dealer to look at his computer or complain higher up, NOBODY should be brushed off when you buy a car from them, this is not acceptable and the BS that is rampant in NA car industry.
My info does not come from a retail MNAO customer website but from Mazda Dealer I know around the globe, I do not post for no reason, I try to help. I can't answer Why people are not getting the info from VIN Search on a Government Website from information that Mazda gives them.
IF cars are defective give it time it will be there or you will get a letter from MNAO, or Mazda Canada, Or MME, or Mazda UK, or Mazda Australia.
Perhaps owners 'may' have an original JAPAN Made CX-30, many did arrive in North America before the Mexico plant started production...I have posted many times that the Fuel Tank issue ONLY applied to Mexico made AWD cars, perhaps the Owner has not read or entered VIN correctly in website...?
I suggest if CX-30 is AWD, check the sticker on your car for Production Date and reference it, IF it is not made within those production dates the RECALL does not apply.

Sorry guys, I cant micro manage every VIN or request, I would like to but just takes too much time, plus I have to be careful with my contacts as communication can be problematic with too many questions.

All good, I suggest you do not fill your Fuel Tank to MAX, only to 3/4.
The front Brake Caliper issue is only a 5 minute check and tighten in 99.9% of cases. :)
Mazda has to schedule these recalls for obvious reasons if or when replacement parts are involved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, I debated doing the caliper check myself and even looked to see if there was a central jacking point in the front, but then I'm like why? Mazda can take of this stuff.

***Anyone know HOW the techs can look IN the fuel tank itself??
Access round Fuel Tank Level Sender unit and unscrew, put hand in tank and reconnect this click on Hose IF it is disconnected or loose back onto underside of the Fuel Lever Sender unit. Return car to customer.

·
Registered
2014 MX-5 PRHT, 2020 CX-30 GS FWD
12 Posts
Heads up for Canadians: just received email from dealer on brake recall

4420F - 2020 CX-30 & MAZDA3 FRONT BRAKE CALIPER BOLTS MAY LOOSEN

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
90 Posts
Heads up for Canadians: just received email from dealer on brake recall

4420F - 2020 CX-30 & MAZDA3 FRONT BRAKE CALIPER BOLTS MAY LOOSEN
Thanks for the info Phil. I’ve been following updates on this matter.

·
Registered
CX30 2020 Premium Jet Black Mica
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
What was the outcome of your appt?
No problem.
All they did was put it on a lift and checked the bolts from below. Everything was fine. The service guy said they also checked all the ones they have on the lot

41 - 60 of 108 Posts