Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
cx 30 awd premium
7 Posts
Yeah, my dealer also said that there is no official recall yet. And they will contact me once an official recall is released...... I mean its a serious matter, guess they don't care that much

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
142 Posts
Mine is in for the calipers, tank inspection and instrument cluster plastic replacement. I'm holding my breath on the surrounding dash not getting damaged in the process.

***Do you guys think the plastic piece is separate or part of one big unit that gets swapped out??

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
99 Posts
You're lucky. I called another dealer and the service manager said they can't do anything about it until Mazda says so. Unreal. What a joke.

I may take it to a garage up the street.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just drove up the street and the local mechanic is going to look at it today at 3pm.

I'm going to somehow make this known to Mazda. It's absurd. And honestly, the one dealer sucks all the time, regardless. They couldn't even do a simple valve cover replacement correctly a year go when I had my Mazda 3. This is why I now go to the one that is 26 miles away.

It's bs. I'm going away next week too so I need the calipers done at the very least.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No dealer will want to do the work until they receive the service procedure and can get paid unfortunately.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You're referring to the gas tank issue not the brake bolt issue-- right?
Both. I understand it's so easy, but they don't feel the need unless they are given the go ahead and will get paid for it. It's absurd, but some dealers are unfortunately like that.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
22 Posts
Just took mine to the dealer I bought it from and they had the brake caliper issue resolved in 45 min.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Done. Took the garage 10 mins. He did say they were a tad bit loose. About a 45 degree turn but they wouldn't have fallen off. I gave the guy $20.

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
152 Posts
If you encounter a problem, One thing dealers fear most are customers who file complaints with the State Attorney General. If a dealer gets too many complaints, they could be fined or even have their franchise license revoked, so they take these very seriously. Also contact the BBB

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine is in for the calipers, tank inspection and instrument cluster plastic replacement. I'm holding my breath on the surrounding dash not getting damaged in the process.

***Do you guys think the plastic piece is separate or part of one big unit that gets swapped out??
So......went to get the car after they swapped the plastic and there was debris trapped between the cluster and the plastic, very visible. AND....the backside of the plastic was filthy!!! I'm like....is this a joke?! I KNEW I should not have had them mess with the plastic. I'm an idiot. So....hopped back in the loaner and left. When you mess around with cosmetic things like this...the car never goes back to how it was from the factory....no matter what...ever!!

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
83 Posts
That is unfortunate, I feel for you. Next will be, do they scratch the back side of the plastic lens when cleaning for reinstall?

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's a 100% lack of caring and trying to rush through jobs as quickly as possible. AND I made it very clear to the advisor in a very nice, polite manner what my concerns were. He promised the "foreman" would be "very careful" and that the job would be done right. Like I said....I'm the moron. I should have never messed with this. I simply knew better. Now I get to go back a 2nd time and see what else they messed up. I already noticed a gouge in the dash. So....yeah.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
83 Posts
It's a 100% lack of caring and trying to rush through jobs as quickly as possible. AND I made it very clear to the advisor in a very nice, polite manner what my concerns were. He promised the "foreman" would be "very careful" and that the job would be done right. Like I said....I'm the moron. I should have never messed with this. I simply knew better. Now I get to go back a 2nd time and see what else they messed up. I already noticed a gouge in the dash. So....yeah.
I feel the same. I don’t have anyone work on anything of mine unless there is no way I can handle it. Too many times I’ve had the debate about quality of workmanship and get the attitude that they are being put out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would take it back or put a complaint in with Mazda Corporate. That is unacceptable.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So.....got the car back. They had to order a second shield. Didn't look too close but "seems" OK. Whatever. Was happy to get my car back.

PS...had a '20 CX-5 as a loaner. Had many of the same "characteristics" like shaky side mirror, herky jerky tranny, etc. This one was just a tad roomier.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts