Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
24 Posts
I have driven a 100 + plus Mazda's while working for Mazda. Never once experienced a "herky jerky tranny, or a shaky mirror". I find Mazda's 6sp auto to be one of the smoothest units in the biz. Now Bmw's 8 speed tranny is very herky jerky. Just quit BMW and am now starting my own business.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
64 Posts
I'm assuming the "no parts" and "wait months" is for the gas tank recall?

I took mine in for a free oil change (first year service included at my dealer) and they performed the brake caliper recall too. I hadn't received the notice. With oil change and rotation only took about an hour.
View attachment 496
hmm so for mine i checked my vin and it said no safety recalls.. guess wait and see... Mazda Recall Information Center used this mazda official website for recalls.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
99 Posts
We all have e different tolerances. The tranny is NOT smooth and the driver's side mirror DOES shake.
I'm glad you reported what you felt in the 2020 CX-5. I had a CX-3 loaner a few years ago when I had my 2015 3. My 3 was a 6spd manual though. The CX-3 felt fine. I'm wondering if this is related to the 2020 models? It's been noted by Car and Driver and Motortrend.

The Mazda AT is generally well liked. It's considered one of the better AT's, but there are some minor issues with it in the CX-30. It remains to be seen if Mazda will improve it with software updates.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
24 Posts
I understand and respect everyone has there own opinions. Can you just explain how and in what way it is jerky. I barely even feel my cx-30 shift. Even when I get on it and floor it... it downshifts to smoothly for my liking. I want it to kick down fast and sharp. Instead it takes its time to be smooth about it... When is it Jerky?

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
152 Posts
My FWD CX-30 trans is smooth and the driver's side mirror does not shake.

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
99 Posts
Maybe jerky isn't the right word. Car and Driver described it as "occasional transmission clumsiness". Shifts are firm.

Going from 4th to 5th there is a slight lurch. Very faint but noticeable. 1st gear is meh....otherwise the transmission is very good.

From C&D:

"Engine, Transmission, and Performance
All CX-30s are equipped with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 186 horsepower; a six-speed automatic is the only transmission available and although it chooses gears wisely based on driving conditions, it exhibits an occasional stumble when shifting."

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
25 Posts
Maybe jerky isn't the right word. Car and Driver described it as "occasional transmission clumsiness". Shifts are firm.

Going from 4th to 5th there is a slight lurch. Very faint but noticeable. 1st gear is meh....otherwise the transmission is very good.

From C&D:

"Engine, Transmission, and Performance
All CX-30s are equipped with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 186 horsepower; a six-speed automatic is the only transmission available and although it chooses gears wisely based on driving conditions, it exhibits an occasional stumble when shifting."
"an occasional stumble when shifting." Spot on!

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
83 Posts
I drove ours last night, off idle pulling away from a stop, there is a hesitation/stumble/jerkiness, something going on. My wife is the primary driver and apparently doesn't notice. As it shifts through the remainder of the gears, I notice no issues.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
142 Posts
I drove ours last night, off idle pulling away from a stop, there is a hesitation/stumble/jerkiness, something going on. My wife is the primary driver and apparently doesn't notice. As it shifts through the remainder of the gears, I notice no issues.
I've noticed this since day 1. Could be related to the AWD. The CX-5 did the same thing. You actually made my point when I was taking about "tolerances." What is smooth for some, is not for others. There may not be anything "wrong" with my transmission, but I'd hardly call it smooth. I've come to accept this along with the shaky driver's side mirror. I'm not a fan of buying first production run vehicles and the two recalls some of us have had backs that up. It is what it is at this point.

·
Registered
Preferred FWD / Deep Crystal Blue Mica
152 Posts
I just drove just over 140 miles around the island of Oahu and never felt any hesitation/stumble/jerkiness. My speed range was from 0 to 70 mph going up & down hills, sharp corners, but as I mention I have a FWD and not an AWD.
My Honda HR-V AWD that I had before always was jerky doing the same route.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah got the same thing too, for the brake and fuel tank leak. Just called my dealer but they dont have parts yet
Huh, How does your Dealer know IF they need parts IF they have not checked your car??.
In virtually most or all cases, the Brake one is just a Bolt torque check, no parts required UNLESS you are missing one of the two bolts on either the Front Caliper.
Fuel Tank, there are no parts but and inspection of the Canister Breather Pipe inside the take, IF is is secure, Nothing happens, If is is loose or off, it is shaken to flick off any excess fuel about 4 times and then reconnected, car is returned to customer there are no parts required, would you like me to post the official Mazda Tank Repair Video.
This website will probably ban me again if I post a link.

·
Registered
142 Posts
On mine they replaced a retainer and o-ring for the fuel tank recall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In Canada, no email yet, VIN is also clean. Canadians can check on governmental website which in turn refers to Mazda Canada:
Search Results
Well 'if' your VIN is clean then you won't get an email would you?
Mazda like most car brands have to phase in recalls for obvious reasons.
The most litigated country on earth is also their most important market (USA).
Recent Takata Air Bag Recall (say on Mazda RX-8), the USA was first, Japan, then a few months later Europe, then came Australia next and Canada about the same time, it is always where the most cars or models are sold, it is the only way it can be managed as it is not a free for all.
I have to agree to how they do it, my own RX-8 waited well over a year but my passenger airbag was the so called defective one, not the Drivers (different brand of AB)

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
83 Posts
Huh, How does your Dealer know IF they need parts IF they have not checked your car??.
In virtually most or all cases, the Brake one is just a Bolt torque check, no parts required UNLESS you are missing one of the two bolts on either the Front Caliper.
Fuel Tank, there are no parts but and inspection of the Canister Breather Pipe inside the take, IF is is secure, Nothing happens, If is is loose or off, it is shaken to flick off any excess fuel about 4 times and then reconnected, car is returned to customer there are no parts required, would you like me to post the official Mazda Tank Repair Video.
This website will probably ban me again if I post a link.
When there is information like this out there; Dealers will inspect the evaporative vent hose in the fuel tank. If the hose is disconnected, it will be reconnected and the charcoal canister with some related parts will be replaced. All repairs will be done for free.
It tends to make one think parts may be needed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
An 'O' Ring, OK
Well an O Ring is not part of the recall to do, but IF the Dealer when removing Fuel Tank Sender unit damaged the O ring or seal then it would be renewed (pretty rough to do that), or the Service Advisor said that to placate the owner, I was also a Mazda Service Advisor and see how they BS owners. There should be a Mazda Part Number of their O ring on your no charge Invoice/Repair Order (if they gave you one).
There are no internal O rings in related to this particular AWD Tank Vent Pipe recall that attaches internally to the Fuel Tank Sender Unit, as I said the Seal or thick O ring is externally mounted between FTSU and the Tank itself to seal off hole, all cars have them.
This is the Japan made AWD as an example.

The PE01-18-201 and PE02-18-201 are not part of recall, neither are the BEE42-165 and BEEV ones, but like I said 'may' have been damaged on removal or may not, no Dealer would stock these and are not supply as part of this recall and a Dealer would not know IF they were needed until car was in shop... Not saying they did not replace an O ring for comfort sake or they damaged one, Mazda does allow for this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Want just to be clear again, IF your AWD was JAPAN Made your Car IS NOT part of this Tank recall...just saying.

·
Registered
142 Posts
An 'O' Ring, OK
Well an O Ring is not part of the recall to do, but IF the Dealer when removing Fuel Tank Sender unit damaged the O ring or seal then it would be renewed (pretty rough to do that), or the Service Advisor said that to placate the owner, I was also a Mazda Service Advisor and see how they BS owners. There should be a Mazda Part Number of their O ring on your no charge Invoice/Repair Order (if they gave you one).
There are no internal O rings in related to this particular AWD Tank Vent Pipe recall that attaches internally to the Fuel Tank Sender Unit, as I said the Seal or thick O ring is externally mounted between FTSU and the Tank itself to seal off hole, all cars have them.
This is the Japan made AWD as an example.
View attachment 585

View attachment 586

The PE01-18-201 and PE02-18-201 are not part of recall, neither are the BEE42-165 and BEEV ones, but like I said 'may' have been damaged on removal or may not, no Dealer would stock these and are not supply as part of this recall and a Dealer would not know IF they were needed until car was in shop... Not saying they did not replace an O ring for comfort sake or they damaged one, Mazda does allow for this.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts