Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
94 Posts
Majority of cases there wont be, I will double check again on info I have and I will get back if this has changed, and that does happen.
The "majority" of cases will be determined by the number of vehicles within the VIN recall range in service and the number of those vehicles still on dealers lots.
Available information states that sold vehicles will have the canister replaced. As they may have fuel inside the OE canister that has potential to cause a fire. The vehicles on the dealers lots would not need to have them replaced.
There is the potential the information that has been released could be subject to change.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just checked my Dropbox where my NA contact drops in info., and YES it has been all updated, again Mexico Made Cars Only, my bad I should have re-checked dropbox first before posting again, normally I do.
Yes that external quick clip must be renewed, charcoal canister is only renewed IF the Vent Pipe was detached inside of tank. Yes the blue O ring or seal of FTSU Must be renewed.
Here is actual repair method if it uploads for this 4520F recall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
156 Posts
Just checked my Dropbox where my NA contact drops in info., and YES it has been all updated, again Mexico Made Cars Only, my bad I should have re-checked dropbox first before posting again, normally I do.
Yes that external quick clip must be renewed, charcoal canister is only renewed IF the Vent Pipe was detached inside of tank. Yes the blue O ring or seal of FTSU Must be renewed.
Here is actual repair method if it uploads for this 4520F recall.
Thanks for uploading this. The procedure was more involved than I thought. In my case the vent pipe was attached. Hence, just the retainer clip and o-ring were replaced per the recall specs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There are no defective parts in the AWD Fuel Tank Recall (or Brake for that matter).
The parts that are being renewed are for precautionary and 'technically' single use, though anyone who has lifted a Tank Sender Unit (fuel level) in modern day cars (I have) can re-use the thick seal or O Ring (blue one) unless it is deformed, in most cases a little vaseline (petroleum jelly) on the ring and a firmer torque will still seat down and not leak from that point. The clip is a single use. As stated before the reason for Tank Recall is because original sub assembly during tanks manufacture or on production line Canister Vent Pipe was not 'clicked' in correctly by those workers on production line at that production period of AWD CX-30 in Mexico.
Video will be removed soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
RE AWD Fuel Tank Recall is now out for RHD Vehicles in UK...
Build Dates..
3MV DM**** 0E 100021 – 105439
Built From 10 December 2019 through 20 March 2020
Can also Double Check your cars Production Date which is on the factory Sticker
MY INFO IS FROM MAZDA DEALER, NOT MADE UP.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts