Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently some models are having an issue with the hatch lift motors letting the hatch lower unexpectedly. Take it in, they will access the lifts to see if the lot numbers are within the recall range. Dealer replaces motors if they fall within that range. A software update is included.

Oh-boy, just what I want, the dealer disassembling part of the vehicle...

Safety Recall 4621B-NHTSA Campaign 21V-086

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
72 Posts
Got my recall notice on Monday. Actually I'm happy because I'm suffering the power liftgate issue. When the car is on a level surface it's fine but if I get on an incline like my driveway its starts to come down, so much so that if I'm taking things out of the back the liftgate is usually resting on my head. If you've never opened the liftgate on an incline try it, you will find out pretty quick if you have the issue.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
423 Posts
I went in for that update yesterday - and my car didn't need it as the tail lift mechanism was within the tolerances needed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my recall notice on Monday. Actually I'm happy because I'm suffering the power liftgate issue. When the car is on a level surface it's fine but if I get on an incline like my driveway its starts to come down, so much so that if I'm taking things out of the back the liftgate is usually resting on my head. If you've never opened the liftgate on an incline try it, you will find out pretty quick if you have the issue.
Nose of the car up hill or down? Does it matter?
So far, I haven't experienced any issue with mine.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I as well am having the recall fixed along with my broken headlight that mentioned in another thread. There are other two recalls for my us model as well one for the battery control module that could cause the battery to die randomly and another one for the speakers as they can emit random unpleasant noise even without the car being on. The dealer is just going to take care of all three recalls while it's in the shop.

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
62 Posts
I as well am having the recall fixed along with my broken headlight that mentioned in another thread. There are other two recalls for my us model as well one for the battery control module that could cause the battery to die randomly and another one for the speakers as they can emit random unpleasant noise even without the car being on. The dealer is just going to take care of all three recalls while it's in the shop.
I also received the recall notice though I have a 2019 3 (it said for 2019-2021 Mazda 3 & CX-30); 2 out of 3 recalls apply to my 3...the BCM and MRCC software update/programming

Re the BCM though a software update is required, the climate control system after shut off still produced current which may cause the battery to go flat/discharge. I left my car unused for almost a week last week, guess what - battery went flat dead so had to recharge it. Took to dealer last Monday to get battery tested and it failed the test so they replaced it with a new battery under warranty.

Honestly quite disappointed now with my new 3 with numerous recalls and quality issues (screen coating peeling off, hazing/condensation in both HLs, dead battery & rattles). Wished I just kept the 6 i/o trading it for the 3...that 6 never had any recalls or quality issues due to riding on an older platform. Oh well lesson learned!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ha, I never thought to try it nose down. I've only ever had the car nose up hill.

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
126 Posts
Yes mine too, power lift hatch issue being addressed next week.

·
Administrator
423 Posts
I went in for that update yesterday - and my car didn't need it as the tail lift mechanism was within the tolerances needed.
And today I received a letter from Mazda UK (via the UK's DVLA Recalls system) about this issue too. Any other UK members received a letter?

·
Registered
36 Posts
And today I received a letter from Mazda UK (via the UK's DVLA Recalls system) about this issue too. Any other UK members received a letter?

Letter received today. Dealer states it is a software update that was released to them in early April and "unfortunately a few days after we serviced your car"

·
Administrator
423 Posts
Letter received today. Dealer states it is a software update that was released to them in early April and "unfortunately a few days after we serviced your car"
(y) I got told it's a mix of new struts and a software update, so people's mileage may vary on this one.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT in Polymetal Gray Metallic
5 Posts
had the liftgate recall and the 3 separate software recalls done yesterday, no issues with my liftgate thankfully!

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
62 Posts
Just a quick update after my 3 was updated with the latest SSPC5:

the MRCC so far is functioning better than original programming, when you’re on hwy and reduce the set cruising speed to significantly lower speed the car applies the brakes but subtly now compared to before where it was just aggressive braking and annoying as hell

as for the other software update (climate control related) couldn’t notice any diff but this was intended to save battery after shutting off vehicle...previously it may have been causing to draw power and discharge battery as it happened to my car after not using it for a week (flat battery) only to find out battery had to be replaced under warranty. Hopefully new programming fixes issue to avoid flat battery in future

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine went in thursday, software done the dealer submitted my lift part id but there was an error on Mazdas database, got the car back and the dealer called me next day - no further action needed.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv X AWD UK
16 Posts
Mine went in thursday, software done the dealer submitted my lift part id but there was an error on Mazdas database, got the car back and the dealer called me next day - no further action needed.
Do you notice any difference with the MRCC aggressiveness? I'm taking my 2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech to the dealer on Thursday for the same three recalls.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do you notice any difference with the MRCC aggressiveness? I'm taking my 2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech to the dealer on Thursday for the same three recalls.
Got to be honest havent had a chance to get out on the open road since really

·
Administrator
423 Posts
Tried my MRCC today - much MUCH smoother. Only used it along an A-Road following traffic and various speed limits, but gentle braking at all times. Much improved.

Reactions: tekz
1 - 20 of 20 Posts