Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul Red CX-30 SP
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, in Thailand we don't have the option to remote start the engine using an app. I am wondering which countries have this option and if this is a software feature (that perhaps can be enabled) or a hardware one. I note that I have tried downloading the US Mazda app and it only seems to allow registration of US and Japan cars.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Jet Black Mica
2 Posts
Yes we definitely have it in the US. I wonder why it's not available everywhere this vehicle is sold....

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
Murky legally in the UK at the moment, technically off the public highway yes but you should be nearby when its in use but (as article below says) its tech outpacing our creakingly slow laws.

Cars with remote start

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
Not sure but I thought the US model uses its cellular modem to link in to telematics and thus you can use the app to start it etc, in the UK no cellular modem so no option to do so and out mymazda app is little more than the manual, some vin info and the manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the discussion is concerning the iPhone MyMazda app with the remote start component, I'll add my 2 bits. The app scores a very low 2.5 stars on the Apple App store site. Deserved. I have had my CX30 for only a few weeks but I find the app tricky.
1) The remote start works fine. But as soon as you open the car's door the engine shuts down. Apparently a safety feature, but who wants that in the middle of winter?
2) I was able to locate where the 30 was when my wife was driving it, but that feature is very hidden and I don't seem to be able too activate it now.
3) The app keeps check of the car but:
a) The tyre pressures keep changing by a lb or so. Never the same for more than a day. That's irrespective of whether I have driven it recently or not.
b) I frequently get warnings that are false - - driver door open, for example. The dealer says I might be nudging my phone in may pocket and that sets off a warning. Quite possible.

So, a mixed bag. It does remote start the car well and it is fun to check mileage and service intervals from home. But I am not sure I will subscribe to it (unless they improve the app) when the free period runs out.
Love the car!
Tony

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
If the discussion is concerning the iPhone MyMazda app with the remote start component, I'll add my 2 bits. The app scores a very low 2.5 stars on the Apple App store site. Deserved. I have had my CX30 for only a few weeks but I find the app tricky.
1) The remote start works fine. But as soon as you open the car's door the engine shuts down. Apparently a safety feature, but who wants that in the middle of winter?
I agree, it is annoying and unnecessary but why fault the app for the way the remote start is designed?
2) I was able to locate where the 30 was when my wife was driving it, but that feature is very hidden and I don't seem to be able too activate it now.
From any screen, tap the folded map thingy in the upper right of your screen, when the map opens, tap "My Car".
3) The app keeps check of the car but:
a) The tyre pressures keep changing by a lb or so. Never the same for more than a day. That's irrespective of whether I have driven it recently or not.
Tire pressures will vary with ambient air temp changes and especially if the sun is shining on any of the tires.
b) I frequently get warnings that are false - - driver door open, for example. The dealer says I might be nudging my phone in may pocket and that sets off a warning. Quite possible.
I see those on mine from time to time.

So, a mixed bag. It does remote start the car well and it is fun to check mileage and service intervals from home. But I am not sure I will subscribe to it (unless they improve the app) when the free period runs out.
Love the car!
Tony
I find I use it for the remote start only, has worked good for me, so far. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I find I use it for the remote start only, has worked good for me, so far. :)
I just want to add 2 things to the discussion. The "find my car function" on the MyMazda app is VERY unreliable. For example, I spoke to my wife who had the car in our downtown area this morning and I thought that that would be a good time to check the app - - the first attempt had the car located in another town about 1/2 hour or so away. At the second attempt it located the car in New York City, which is about 250 miles away!
Also, even though this is not the fault of the app itself, I mentioned the inconvenience of having to re-start the car after using the remote start function on the MyMazda app only because it might mean a deal breaker for anyone thinking of using the app.
T

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
I mentioned the inconvenience of having to re-start the car after using the remote start function on the MyMazda app only because it might mean a deal breaker for anyone thinking of using the app.
T
Isn't the app the only way to remote start the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I believe it is and that function works fine. (I guess restarting the car every tine after a remote start isn't a big deal, even in the middle of a severe New England winter.) I forget the details but I think (not sure) I got the IPhone MyMazda remote start function free for perhaps 3 years (??) and then after that Mazda charges a monthly fee. Still probably 5 or 6 years of car ownership before the cost equals what a remote starter would cost ($500 or so?)
T

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
I think it is completely unnecessary to kill the engine when opening the car.

I put aftermarket remote starters on two Honda's I purchased because the Honda accessory remote start did the same thing, in addition they only had a 200' range. My latest is on the 13 CRV I still have. It is a Viper app based starter, it does not kill the engine when entering the vehicle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts