Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as most of you, I take very good care of my cx30. That's why today when I discovered that I had obviously cut it too close with the sidewalk when recently parallel parking, I was horrified to see the wheel really shredded up on the edges. Two questions. Number one, will this rust? Number two, is there any kind of coating or anything I can put on it? I doubt it will make it look much better, but at least provide it a little more protection?
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 Mazda CX30 Limited in Snowflake White Pearl
119 Posts
Ouch. That is a big bunch of kerb rash.

Firstly, it wont rust, as the wheel is non-ferrous material. Secondly, I would take the wheel to a wheel repair shop. They can repair the damage, and repaint the wheel.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
The wheel is aluminum. It is painted silver. The damage is through the paint into the aluminum. It can not be buffed out.
If you live in an area that uses ice melt chemicals in the winter, the wheel will get much worse looking quickly.
The wheel should be completely refinished or replaced.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
310 Posts
The wheel is aluminum. It is painted silver. The damage is through the paint into the aluminum. It can not be buffed out.
If you live in an area that uses ice melt chemicals in the winter, the wheel will get much worse looking quickly.
The wheel should be completely refinished or replaced.
When i said buff out i did not mean superficially....the wheel gets buffed until the damage is gone then recoated with paint and clear coat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts