Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Mazda cross bars for my roof rack and they look like Thule Evo wing bars. I know Thule Aerobar attachments don't work with it, the channels on the bars are to narrow for my Thule Load Stop attachment. I believe the Evo bars are different than the Aero bars but in what way? Are there any other brands of rack attachments that are compatible with the Mazda cross bars?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Grub,
Do you have the silver roof rails down each side on the car? Or the "clip on feet" type that Thule or Yakima make for this car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the silver roof rails down each side on the car. I had the Thule Aero bars that I sold after I bought the Mazda cross bars that look like Thule but the groove that runs the length of the bar are narrower than the Thule Aero bar grooves so the Thule attachments I had did not work. So I would like to know if there are any attachments that will fit the grooves on the Mazda cross bars, In particular I would like a set of Load Stops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yakima doesn’t currently sell a bike rack that is compatible with the OEM roof rails and cross bars (at least none claimed in the USA by my check), but does state that their racks have general compatibility within a certain size range of bars. I tested that with my Frontloader racks (attached such that the back of the bike faces the nose of the car - the hatch won’t be able to open if attached in the reverse). The racks technically fit over the bars, but they will not make a safe connection. The contouring/shape of the clamps does not match the bar shape, and so the weight of the rack and bike is supported by a very narrow portion of plastic.

If people are interested I can put one back on and take a photo for reference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yakima makes a roof rack for the CX-30 that requires the plastic channel running down each side of the roof to be removed. That means each summer, I’ll be driving around with that channel exposed. It’s more of a concern for looks than functionality.
my CX-30 came with a bare roof, no rails at all. The Mazda roof rack onlysupports 100 lb, which my two kayaks would be 4 lb over that,Yakima’s are 165 capacity. I don’t need to pull the trigger for 5 months or so, might wait to see what options everyone has at that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts