Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Mazda owner here! I’ve had my 2021 CX-30 GS AWD for a few days am loving it so far. One question that has occurred to me, for which I haven’t been able to find the answer for either in the manual or in forums, is this: is it possible to have the audio system (and certain features like windows for example) run on battery alone? For times when you’re waiting for someone or at the drive-in, and you don’t want to waste gas, it would be nice. TIA!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
415 Posts
audio will run on the battery for about 25 minutes and then it will auto shut off, just use the ignition in ACC mode. If you want to continue after it turns off just turn it on again and will run another 25 minutes. (page 4-4)
The windows will only operate for about 40 seconds after you shut off the power (page 3-38) and to use them without turning on the engine your ignition has to be in the ON setting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
New Mazda owner here! I’ve had my 2021 CX-30 GS AWD for a few days am loving it so far. One question that has occurred to me, for which I haven’t been able to find the answer for either in the manual or in forums, is this: is it possible to have the audio system (and certain features like windows for example) run on battery alone? For times when you’re waiting for someone or at the drive-in, and you don’t want to waste gas, it would be nice. TIA!
just press engine start don't press the brake will turn the car on but not the engine

·
Registered
107 Posts
MimiK - Don't do what I did and leave the radio running for an entire movie at a drive-in theater. I had a dead battery by the time the 2nd feature started. (luckily the theater staff were well prepared to jumpstart cars when needed) :)

Maybe I should have started the engine a few times to avoid it, but next time I'm just going to use a portable radio instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts