Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 GS AWD, LP, Soul Red
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will you get your CX30 rust proofed? I plan on keeping it until it dies but I hear very mixed opinions about rust proofing cars. I live in Canada so salt is on the roads for 4months of the year so any input is appreciated

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
732 Posts
Will you get your CX30 rust proofed? I plan on keeping it until it dies but I hear very mixed opinions about rust proofing cars. I live in Canada so salt is on the roads for 4months of the year so any input is appreciated
If mine was not leased I most likely would with fluid film which is like a sheep fat / wax product and have had it on my vehicles before and it is a very good product and if done correctly it only needs to be re-applied once every 2 years :)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
802 Posts
haven't had a vehicle rust proofed for some time, as I've never kept my vehicles long enough (4-5 yrs), when I did use it I had success with Krown.
Not sure of the latest info, but they used to give you a lifetime warranty if you got it done within 6 months of purchase. You have to renew the coverage each year. I like the fact it got into every cavity on your vehicle not just the visual areas.
This set up was far cheaper than the dealers electronic so-called rustproofing, which is totally useless as this has been proven - works fine if you plan on leaving your car submerged frequently. :LOL:

·
Registered
97 Posts
RUST CHECK.

(Bermuda has a salty climate .)

The Mazda dealer here applies an under body product made in Canada under the brand name of " RUST CHECK" which is a fine oil like substance similar to " Corosion X ".
You tube video's reveal that some manufacturers dip / drown their car and not just the internal pannel joints in some sort of protection fluid.
Over the year prior to " Rust Check " some car dealers were spraying the under body of thir cars with some sort of tar product which used to dry as a scale consequently water would get trapped above the application.

Another application used in Bermuda by the dealer is " Lithium greese" which i have chosen to exclude on my car because the grease will permantly stain the plastic trim.

"Corosion X " in my oppinion is the "wonder product " for many electrical application electrical you can even spray the product inside a electrical motor.

I have never taken any of my cars to an automatic car wash.

With out mentioning this product name i do not recomend using any product which consists of penatrate qualities because in time it may go after rust lift the paint then again is that good thing.? Rust is rust where ever it is hiding.

May I recomend all car wash products which contain any rust inhibiting product.

Dish wasking detergent is great for removing salt however i do not recomend using dish soap on cars.

I have to inform you that I keep my engine and compartment spotless all in the name of personal exercise.

Want a good laugh< I use a Leaf blower or a Wet Vac to dry of my car after washing, you will be supprised where water gets trapped .
Donald

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT Turbo, Soul Red
15 Posts
I live in the Greater Vancouver area, and owned a Mazda 323 (10 years), Golf (10 years), 2004 Mazda 3 (8 years), 2011 Mazda 3 (10 years), CX-30 (12 days :) ). I've never had rust proofing and I've never had a rust issue. However, some of my family in Toronto believe in rust proofing as they have harsher conditions. A relative of theirs is in the car repair business and says he sees a lot of rust on cars in eastern Canada.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
159 Posts
Like most of the cars I've owned, I got mine Krown rustproofed. I remember the Canadian military did a study back in 2006 that included Krown, Rust Check, and Corrosion Free among others and Corrosion Free was found to be most effective, but like most products of this type application matters more than the product does, and the only certified Corrosion Free facilities are Canadian Tire stores and I wouldn't trust those monkeys to put air in a tire, much less properly apply a rust treatment.

TheTopher is a YouTube car reviewer and he personally bought a CX-30 (I think it's his wife's car) and he did a nice video on getting his vehicle done up at a Krown facility in Michigan:

·
Registered
97 Posts
BIRD POOP.
While we are talking about Rust proofing how about Bird pooping .

Don't walk way from this one.

We have. here a what I call a "conctete bird" and if it dumps on your car you are in big trouble, the other birds out there are not much better at zeroing in on the roof and bonet of your pride and joy .

Every time I go near my car I do two things ckeck for damage an check for birdie poop , also it is not a good idea to park you car under a tree that is birdie teratory.

I guarantee you that the acids in birdie poop will eat through the paint down to the bare metal.

If the sun or just time on has cooked the poop on , you may have to resort to white vinegar 50/50 with water , let the product do the work.
However initially you can try to rempove a new deposit with just plain water and a soft kleenex and follow up with some wax .

Donald

·
Registered
97 Posts
THE CHAMOISE LEATHER
Cleaning the glass on a car is not rewarding as smears from polutants such as diesel and carbon exhause contaminate the glass , also
break dust, tire particals , and diesel fumes from commersial vehicles getting on the inside glass especially the wind screen being some what dificult to clean even with using many task specific products available on the market .
Keeping your driving distance reduces contanmination, you don't need the breath that stuff which get all over your clothes and in your hair .
Save you self a few bucks on chemicals and return the the "Old Victorian days" of the Chamois leather, ( now synthetic ) and
( Not paper towel and old "T" shirts )
try warm water, 50 /50 with white vinegar, all safe to use.

The secret here is the method of application, get that right and you can" make the glass cry," this is dependant on single layer chamois leather say 20 % pressure on the glass an 80 % pressure rubbing .

HINT !... Don't fooget to partially wind down the car's windows .

I do not recomend using chamiois leather on paint work as it that application may strip off any wax.

Personal preferance and thoughts :-
We live in a hot climate here. I have not used wax on car for years as wax may turn yellow and softens with age , wax may also absorb road contaminates.

Vinegar has many other uses around the home and does not unfortunately have an extended third life .

Donald

·
Registered
97 Posts
20 March /21.PUNCTURE REPAIR AND FOOT PUMPS
I have not been able to find any posts on the above topic.
If you look in the boot under the mat of the CX30 you will find a doenut tire, the CX3 had a full size wheel and tire that weighed a ton.
Years ago i experianced two flat tires in one day and three flats on my motor bike and when that happens you are "dead in the water" if you don't maintain pressure in your spare tire.
. You can buy all kinds of fancy electric inflater pumps my choice is a standard foot pump.
I am glad the boot of the CX30 is big enough for the foot pump.
The other tallent that many need to learn is how to fix a puncture at night on a loanly road.
All it takes is practice, go to the garage a pick up an old tire and practice plugging that tire.
Dont buy a cheep plugging kit and cheep CO2 inflaiters.
The down side is that plugs have a limited speed rating at least you can get to a gargge where you MAY be able to get a proper internal patch glued in place.

Several things to watch out for :-
Going back to basics.

[1] Never with draw the nail unless you have marked the spot with an "X". use a ball point pen or Sharpie marker pen.
[2] learn how to use your Mazda jacking device an know where the jacking spots are , and practice how to use the jack . The front of the car is alot heavier that the rear. most punctures are in the rear tire.
[3] Always carry a tire pressure guage.
[4] Carry tire / wheel blocking chocks and a 3/4 " and ply wood board for the jack foundation you could be stoped in dirt.
[5] Better have a distress flashing combo beacon light.
[6] Put the car in Park and insure the brake is on to prevent role out.
[7] Changing a wheel out requires special care the wheel nuts will be on very tight , second REMINDER the wheel is no good with out air in it .

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
732 Posts
20 March /21.PUNCTURE REPAIR AND FOOT PUMPS
I have not been able to find any posts on the above topic.
If you look in the boot under the mat of the CX30 you will find a doenut tire, the CX3 had a full size wheel and tire that weighed a ton.
Years ago i experianced two flat tires in one day and three flats on my motor bike and when that happens you are "dead in the water" if you don't maintain pressure in your spare tire.
. You can buy all kinds of fancy electric inflater pumps my choice is a standard foot pump.
I am glad the boot of the CX30 is big enough for the foot pump.
The other tallent that many need to learn is how to fix a puncture at night on a loanly road.
All it takes is practice, go to the garage a pick up an old tire and practice plugging that tire.
Dont buy a cheep plugging kit and cheep CO2 inflaiters.
The down side is that plugs have a limited speed rating at least you can get to a gargge where you MAY be able to get a proper internal patch glued in place.

Several things to watch out for :-
Going back to basics.

[1] Never with draw the nail unless you have marked the spot with an "X". use a ball point pen or Sharpie marker pen.
[2] learn how to use your Mazda jacking device an know where the jacking spots are , and practice how to use the jack . The front of the car is alot heavier that the rear. most punctures are in the rear tire.
[3] Always carry a tire pressure guage.
[4] Carry tire / wheel blocking chocks and a 3/4 " and ply wood board for the jack foundation you could be stoped in dirt.
[5] Better have a distress flashing combo beacon light.
[6] Put the car in Park and insure the brake is on to prevent role out.
[7] Changing a wheel out requires special care the wheel nuts will be on very tight , second REMINDER the wheel is no good with out air in it .
Lol at least for me in canada... Yah i know how to change a tire... but hell no.. one word.. ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE. HAHA its included as part of the 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.. I would be using that... get my money out of the warranty.. forget farting around on the side of the road.. let the warranty pay for that bs 😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts