Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 GS AWD, LP, Soul Red
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will you get your CX30 rust proofed? I plan on keeping it until it dies but I hear very mixed opinions about rust proofing cars. I live in Canada so salt is on the roads for 4months of the year so any input is appreciated

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
444 Posts
Will you get your CX30 rust proofed? I plan on keeping it until it dies but I hear very mixed opinions about rust proofing cars. I live in Canada so salt is on the roads for 4months of the year so any input is appreciated
If mine was not leased I most likely would with fluid film which is like a sheep fat / wax product and have had it on my vehicles before and it is a very good product and if done correctly it only needs to be re-applied once every 2 years :)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
486 Posts
haven't had a vehicle rust proofed for some time, as I've never kept my vehicles long enough (4-5 yrs), when I did use it I had success with Krown.
Not sure of the latest info, but they used to give you a lifetime warranty if you got it done within 6 months of purchase. You have to renew the coverage each year. I like the fact it got into every cavity on your vehicle not just the visual areas.
This set up was far cheaper than the dealers electronic so-called rustproofing, which is totally useless as this has been proven - works fine if you plan on leaving your car submerged frequently. :LOL:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts