Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech, Soul Crystal Red, 2020 reg
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Has anyone else encountered any rust spots on their CX-30’s yet?
Mine’s only about 18 months old and I was quite surprised to find this when I washed it this afternoon.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
That's very worrying. What's your dealer say about this with the warranty?

I had three small (but deep) chips on mine - see my thread here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's very worrying. What's your dealer say about this with the warranty?

I had three small (but deep) chips on mine - see my thread here.
I’ve emailed them this evening with the photos. Also need to get the papers down from the loft and read the warranty. I’m sure it must be covered.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out it wasn’t rust after all, even though it looked just like it.
The body shop weren’t entirely sure what it was, possible tree sap but by the time they’d cut it back it was too deep to restore.
So now they’re going to respray the entire bonnet and have given us a courtesy car in the meantime, all under warranty. Can’t ask for better than that.
He did also say that the Soul Crystal Red is more prone to stone chips than any other colour. Indeed, about half of the cars in the workshop were red.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
219 Posts
While expensive, I always recommend getting the entire hood and front bumper covered in something like an XPEL paint protection film. Even better if you then ceramic pro coat on top of that (along with the rest of the car). Gives you an extra physical barrier.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Turns out it wasn’t rust after all, even though it looked just like it.
The body shop weren’t entirely sure what it was, possible tree sap but by the time they’d cut it back it was too deep to restore.
So now they’re going to respray the entire bonnet and have given us a courtesy car in the meantime, all under warranty. Can’t ask for better than that.
Indeed. Good result for you.

He did also say that the Soul Crystal Red is more prone to stone chips than any other colour. Indeed, about half of the cars in the workshop were red.
If they know this, then they should offer something to deal with it. The Soul Crystal Red is already an expensive option for the car in any case.

While expensive, I always recommend getting the entire hood and front bumper covered in something like an XPEL paint protection film. Even better if you then ceramic pro coat on top of that (along with the rest of the car). Gives you an extra physical barrier.
Thanks for this. Mine's due in to the dealers for it's first service next month so I will discuss my options with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.