Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Premium 2.5 - Snowflake white
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The issue I’m having is from day one with my CX-30 - the car safety features have only Sometimes worked. One day the lane assist will work like crazy going off even with stray lines in the road. Then the next day it does nothing. The same is for the rear traffic or pedestrian crossing. When it is working the sensor goes off with pedestrians walking 20 plus feet away. When its not an elephant can dance behind the car and nothing happens not even an visual indication. I also have seen the Brake sign once when driving ( purposely waiting to brake like distracted) . Any other attempts to simulate the front collision sensor doesn’t react at all. Admittedly this is hard to simulate without reacting in testing this feature. With a brand new car, I would expect all the features I paid for to work as advertised. Not with the CX-30 and of course the dealership cannot duplicate the issue or find any codes that identify an error.

All in all I found the safety features are intermittent and quite useless since they are unreliable in daily driving, which the features are the whole reason I bought this car. I had a perfectly good car without these features with only 20K miles on it. Spending money on features that don’t work is extremely upsetting and quite disappointing.. I wish I could return the car at this point, but its been almost 2 months dealing with it, Perhaps Ill have to look into lemon law..

Disappointed in Mazda!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope the dealership can’t figure out the issue because the rest of the car is pretty good and fun to drive.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
156 Posts
My wife and I had an experience last weekend with the cross traffic alert or lack of in this case. The system is enabled as the rear side view out of the 30 is terrible.
Our drive is a car and a half wide at the street, immediately begining to widen to two cars wide. My wife was repositioning the 30 in the side of the drive away from me as I approached from her right rear. She had no idea I was there, as I came up to the drive, she began to back up, I came to a stop in her path, she continued back stopping less than 2' from me. There was no warning to her. If she hadn't stopped by chance, we would have collided. I was quickly putting my car in reverse and checking my mirror so I could back up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve only had my car 2 weeks. It’s spent one week in the dealer shop already because of that issue. They couldn’t get the problem to duplicate for awhile. They finally did. They told me it needed a variety of system updates and they think that was the issue. I haven’t seen the problem come back up yet 2 days later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve only had my car 2 weeks. It’s spent one week in the dealer shop already because of that issue. They couldn’t get the problem to duplicate for awhile. They finally did. They told me it needed a variety of system updates and they think that was the issue. I haven’t seen the problem come back up yet 2 days later.
Thanks for the reply, I hope it continues to work properly for you. I took mine back to the dealer the other day and they couldn’t duplicate the problem of course. As I experience, it is like one day on one day off. The tech put on a trace or OBD2 Reader I think to gather any codes the computer gives. I don’t expect it to do anything since it does seem to have errors, the safety modules just don’t seem to be active. So the next time I take it back, I will ask them about software updates to the system. I’ll be sure its a day off for the safety and drive carefully..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts