Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The map view in "3D" now doesn't appear to be functioning as it did previously. Not sure what's changed?? It's the official SD card which came with the vehicle, updated to the latest map version: 2020 Q2 20CW35 and I'm running firmware 10047.

Any chance people could confirm / comment? (y)

From the manual, I understand there are 3 options of "Map View"
  • "3D"
  • "2D"
  • "2D N Up"

"2D N Up"

This works fine, as you can see from the picture below, the compass is locked 'north' and therefore the map doesn't change regardless of the direction of travel.

"2D"

Again, this works as expected. The compass is free to move and the map moves around the red arrow as the direction of travel changes.

"3D"

Hopefully you will be able to see from the below sequence of pictures, when I first select 3D everything is fine, the compass appears to be free to move and the red arrow is facing the direction of travel and the map is viewed as you would in the real world.

However, now when I turn the vehicle, the map fails to turn (it's as if the map is now locked, the compass has not changed direction either, however still appears free to move). As you can see the red arrow is now facing a different way and the map has not oriented correctly.

Again, the compass is pointing in the same direction (but appears free to move). The red arrow has turned and the map is not representing the real world.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something in the settings I'm unwittingly ticket/checked?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I put this to Mazda UK and they have arranged for the vehicle to go into the dealership in early January 2021. I'm guessing no-one else has experienced this issue with their Sat Nav?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put this to Mazda UK and they have arranged for the vehicle to go into the dealership in early January 2021. I'm guessing no-one else has experienced this issue with their Sat Nav?
Yes back in September. Unfortunately I don't know the exact fix - read on below!

Look at the compass bottom right, I'm on the A6 heading north so the display is correct but not rotating. Called in at P V Dobson (Contact PV Dobson and Sons in Leven | PV Dobson and Sons ) who didn't supply the car and with no appointment and a mechanic came out to the car, took it into the workshop for 15 minutes and said "try that". The car was never "booked in" + "Covid" so no detail of what was done. Left the dealership and no apparent change but in the next few miles I cancelled navigation, cycled map views (2d/3d, north up / direction of travel), zoomed in/out and split screen navigation and the display had corrected itself and it has never reoccurred.

·
Update your profile.
1 Posts
The map view in "3D" now doesn't appear to be functioning as it did previously. Not sure what's changed?? It's the official SD card which came with the vehicle, updated to the latest map version: 2020 Q2 20CW35 and I'm running firmware 10047.

Any chance people could confirm / comment? (y)

From the manual, I understand there are 3 options of "Map View"
  • "3D"
  • "2D"
  • "2D N Up"
View attachment 1213
"2D N Up"

This works fine, as you can see from the picture below, the compass is locked 'north' and therefore the map doesn't change regardless of the direction of travel.

View attachment 1215

"2D"

Again, this works as expected. The compass is free to move and the map moves around the red arrow as the direction of travel changes.

View attachment 1218

"3D"

Hopefully you will be able to see from the below sequence of pictures, when I first select 3D everything is fine, the compass appears to be free to move and the red arrow is facing the direction of travel and the map is viewed as you would in the real world.

View attachment 1216

However, now when I turn the vehicle, the map fails to turn (it's as if the map is now locked, the compass has not changed direction either, however still appears free to move). As you can see the red arrow is now facing a different way and the map has not oriented correctly.

View attachment 1217

Again, the compass is pointing in the same direction (but appears free to move). The red arrow has turned and the map is not representing the real world.

View attachment 1214

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something in the settings I'm unwittingly ticket/checked?

Thanks in advance! :)
Just encountered this exact issue with my 2021 CX5 today. The 3D display was working as expected during a trip in the morning, when we started the return trip the display error began. I've been unable to reconfigure the display to work correctly, I've had to resort to 2D display to get a functioning display with direction of travel sensitivity.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just encountered this exact issue with my 2021 CX5 today. The 3D display was working as expected during a trip in the morning, when we started the return trip the display error began. I've been unable to reconfigure the display to work correctly, I've had to resort to 2D display to get a functioning display with direction of travel sensitivity.
Hi 2021CX5, we dropped the vehicle at the dealership. They tried a few different things, in the end a simple "Restore factory settings" / reset fixed the issue. I hope this helps (y)

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
1 Posts
Hi 2021CX5, we dropped the vehicle at the dealership. They tried a few different things, in the end a simple "Restore factory settings" / reset fixed the issue. I hope this helps (y)
Had the same problem with my 2021 CX-30. Took your advice and did a Factory Reset. Problem solved. As the Reset will delete all your personalized information, good idea to copy such information before the Reset so you can re-enter afterwards. BTW, took it to dealer first and they had no idea what to do. Said system was behaving "as designed." May need to find a new service department.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2021 CX-30. Took your advice and did a Factory Reset. Problem solved. As the Reset will delete all your personalized information, good idea to copy such information before the Reset so you can re-enter afterwards. BTW, took it to dealer first and they had no idea what to do. Said system was behaving "as designed." May need to find a new service department.
Welcome to CX30Talk

Please take a moment and complete your profile like this:
  1. Go to top right, click on your avatar then click on Account Settings
  2. Then in Location field, enter your ‘Location’ (The town and country you live in).
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
Next, post an introduction here. It is like starting a conversation by saying 'Hello'. If you're wondering what to say, take a look at other members introductions. Some are detailed, others are short. But remember, do not post about issues in the New Members area.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
219 Posts
Can you provide some clear instructions on what you did to perform this factory reset? I have the same issues with the OEM navigation which, in 3D mode, should work like Google Maps does whereby "up" is always the direction of travel.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,520 Posts
Can you provide some clear instructions on what you did to perform this factory reset? I have the same issues with the OEM navigation which, in 3D mode, should work like Google Maps does whereby "up" is always the direction of travel.
in mine there is no setting for 3D N up, that's only in 2D.

·
Registered
219 Posts
in mine there is no setting for 3D N up, that's only in 2D.
I know, I'm not looking for N being up in 3D, I'm wanting my direction of travel to always be up (regardless of whether I'm heading N, S, E, or W), but right now it doesn't behave that way. At times the map is scrolling sideways (with N being up) instead of vertically. I've read from several others that a factory reset seems to cure this and just wanted to know what menu page that was on.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 Premium Snowflake White (previously 2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic)
164 Posts
Look in Settings/System Settings/Restore All Factory Defaults. You might want to take photos of each menu screen of things you remember having changed from factory defaults along with any Favorites you have created as you will have to manually make these changes/additions again after do the reset.

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I know, I'm not looking for N being up in 3D, I'm wanting my direction of travel to always be up (regardless of whether I'm heading N, S, E, or W), but right now it doesn't behave that way. At times the map is scrolling sideways (with N being up) instead of vertically. I've read from several others that a factory reset seems to cure this and just wanted to know what menu page that was on.
I've used the 3D but never took particular notice as to which direction it was pointing, just seemed to be okay for me, but will take a closer look next time I'm driving the car.

I don't see any reset feature within the navigation features (I have everything of the display unit laid out on a spreadsheet so I can find things quicker) but have you tried removing the SD card and putting it back again after 10-30 seconds and see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I used the 3D feature on a pre-determined trip today and you are correct the arrow indicator always points to the top of screen which is your travel direction.

·
Registered
219 Posts
So I did the full factory reset (took photos of all my settings and put everything back after the reset completed).

Tested the navigation in 2D mode and it works as expected. No matter my direction of travel, I am always pointed to the top of the navigation screen and it rotates around my direction of travel as I change direction.

2D N UP works as expected. Top of navigation is always North and the map does not rotate, just scrolls up and down and left and right.

3D is still not working as expected. It starts off with the top being your direction of travel, but then after turning, it just scrolls without rotating. For example, I'm driving east (which is "up" on the map as it's my direction of travel) and I turn right to head south. The map should rotate counterclockwise so that south is now "up", but it does not. It just scrolls left (as I'm travelling to the right on a now static map).

If I flip back to 2D, the map orients properly, and then if I go back to 3D from there, the 3D map is now oriented correctly, until I turn again and it stops rotating.

I mean, I rarely use the factory navigation system as Android Auto and Google Maps is far more current and has better live traffic information over the SiriusXM stuff the OEM system uses, but I hate things that don't work properly.

EDIT: Nope - it's all still FUBAR. 3D is back to running as a N UP and so is the regular 2D, so in fact all three settings basically show the map as N UP and do not rotate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did a factory reset over the weekend. It's working correctly thus far. I haven't changed many defaults out of fear that it is getting tripped up on it's own settings. So far so good, but sure wish we didn't have to reset everything to fix their bug.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
562 Posts
I set mine to 3d the last time I drove, just as I backed in the driveway. Today I went to the bank and back. I made 13 full turns, right or left, and at least 8-10 or so significant curves but not full 90 degree turns. The display turned every single time and kept my pointing to the top of the screen as I traveled. I also turned the big knob a couple different times to change the zoom in/out and drove with it at different zooms. Worked the whole time in every circumstance.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I set mine to 3d the last time I drove, just as I backed in the driveway. Today I went to the bank and back. I made 13 full turns, right or left, and at least 8-10 or so significant curves but not full 90 degree turns. The display turned every single time and kept my pointing to the top of the screen as I traveled. I also turned the big knob a couple different times to change the zoom in/out and drove with it at different zooms. Worked the whole time in every circumstance.
that's a feature I really like and so easy without even looking, all done by feel. Very handy to take a quick look ahead from a higher perspective. I notice it rolls back automatically after about a minute or so.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.