Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The map view in "3D" now doesn't appear to be functioning as it did previously. Not sure what's changed?? It's the official SD card which came with the vehicle, updated to the latest map version: 2020 Q2 20CW35 and I'm running firmware 10047.

Any chance people could confirm / comment? (y)

From the manual, I understand there are 3 options of "Map View"
  • "3D"
  • "2D"
  • "2D N Up"

"2D N Up"

This works fine, as you can see from the picture below, the compass is locked 'north' and therefore the map doesn't change regardless of the direction of travel.

"2D"

Again, this works as expected. The compass is free to move and the map moves around the red arrow as the direction of travel changes.

"3D"

Hopefully you will be able to see from the below sequence of pictures, when I first select 3D everything is fine, the compass appears to be free to move and the red arrow is facing the direction of travel and the map is viewed as you would in the real world.

However, now when I turn the vehicle, the map fails to turn (it's as if the map is now locked, the compass has not changed direction either, however still appears free to move). As you can see the red arrow is now facing a different way and the map has not oriented correctly.

Again, the compass is pointing in the same direction (but appears free to move). The red arrow has turned and the map is not representing the real world.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something in the settings I'm unwittingly ticket/checked?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put this to Mazda UK and they have arranged for the vehicle to go into the dealership in early January 2021. I'm guessing no-one else has experienced this issue with their Sat Nav?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put this to Mazda UK and they have arranged for the vehicle to go into the dealership in early January 2021. I'm guessing no-one else has experienced this issue with their Sat Nav?
Yes back in September. Unfortunately I don't know the exact fix - read on below!

Look at the compass bottom right, I'm on the A6 heading north so the display is correct but not rotating. Called in at P V Dobson (Contact PV Dobson and Sons in Leven | PV Dobson and Sons ) who didn't supply the car and with no appointment and a mechanic came out to the car, took it into the workshop for 15 minutes and said "try that". The car was never "booked in" + "Covid" so no detail of what was done. Left the dealership and no apparent change but in the next few miles I cancelled navigation, cycled map views (2d/3d, north up / direction of travel), zoomed in/out and split screen navigation and the display had corrected itself and it has never reoccurred.

·
Update your profile.
1 Posts
The map view in "3D" now doesn't appear to be functioning as it did previously. Not sure what's changed?? It's the official SD card which came with the vehicle, updated to the latest map version: 2020 Q2 20CW35 and I'm running firmware 10047.

Any chance people could confirm / comment? (y)

From the manual, I understand there are 3 options of "Map View"
  • "3D"
  • "2D"
  • "2D N Up"
View attachment 1213
"2D N Up"

This works fine, as you can see from the picture below, the compass is locked 'north' and therefore the map doesn't change regardless of the direction of travel.

View attachment 1215

"2D"

Again, this works as expected. The compass is free to move and the map moves around the red arrow as the direction of travel changes.

View attachment 1218

"3D"

Hopefully you will be able to see from the below sequence of pictures, when I first select 3D everything is fine, the compass appears to be free to move and the red arrow is facing the direction of travel and the map is viewed as you would in the real world.

View attachment 1216

However, now when I turn the vehicle, the map fails to turn (it's as if the map is now locked, the compass has not changed direction either, however still appears free to move). As you can see the red arrow is now facing a different way and the map has not oriented correctly.

View attachment 1217

Again, the compass is pointing in the same direction (but appears free to move). The red arrow has turned and the map is not representing the real world.

View attachment 1214

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something in the settings I'm unwittingly ticket/checked?

Thanks in advance! :)
Just encountered this exact issue with my 2021 CX5 today. The 3D display was working as expected during a trip in the morning, when we started the return trip the display error began. I've been unable to reconfigure the display to work correctly, I've had to resort to 2D display to get a functioning display with direction of travel sensitivity.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just encountered this exact issue with my 2021 CX5 today. The 3D display was working as expected during a trip in the morning, when we started the return trip the display error began. I've been unable to reconfigure the display to work correctly, I've had to resort to 2D display to get a functioning display with direction of travel sensitivity.
Hi 2021CX5, we dropped the vehicle at the dealership. They tried a few different things, in the end a simple "Restore factory settings" / reset fixed the issue. I hope this helps (y)

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
1 Posts
Hi 2021CX5, we dropped the vehicle at the dealership. They tried a few different things, in the end a simple "Restore factory settings" / reset fixed the issue. I hope this helps (y)
Had the same problem with my 2021 CX-30. Took your advice and did a Factory Reset. Problem solved. As the Reset will delete all your personalized information, good idea to copy such information before the Reset so you can re-enter afterwards. BTW, took it to dealer first and they had no idea what to do. Said system was behaving "as designed." May need to find a new service department.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2021 CX-30. Took your advice and did a Factory Reset. Problem solved. As the Reset will delete all your personalized information, good idea to copy such information before the Reset so you can re-enter afterwards. BTW, took it to dealer first and they had no idea what to do. Said system was behaving "as designed." May need to find a new service department.
Welcome to CX30Talk

Please take a moment and complete your profile like this:
  1. Go to top right, click on your avatar then click on Account Settings
  2. Then in Location field, enter your ‘Location’ (The town and country you live in).
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
Next, post an introduction here. It is like starting a conversation by saying 'Hello'. If you're wondering what to say, take a look at other members introductions. Some are detailed, others are short. But remember, do not post about issues in the New Members area.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts