Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts inquiring about seat covers and recommendations...so I have posted 2 pics of the seat covers I just purchased and installed. They are from a supplier called CoverKings.com and you can also get same covers from Carid.com. BTW...I do not work for, nor am I paid to endorse these guys.

I purchased a set of Neoprene covers many years back for my 2007 Mazda cx-7 (kept it for 5 yrs). I then put the same covers on my 2012 Mazda 3 (kept it for 8 yrs). I have since given them to my daughter for her Mazda 3. They still work great except for a little fading.

I went to Coverkings to get a new set for my 2021 CX30 (base), but they do not have the patterns yet for it. So I went over to carid.com and placed an order for a 2020 CX-3. Since looking at interiors of both cars, the seats are very similar in size and shape. I purchased the NeoSupreme fabric in Black and navy Blue, since my CX30 is Jet Black with blue accent interior.

You can buy them at either vendor, although they were a bit less expensive at Carid , plus you can find discount coupons if you look. They took about 5 weeks to manufacture (in California) and shipping is free.

Took my about 30 minutes to install...nice and snug, feel great..look great and protect the seats...as you can see from pics. BTW...you can get a very wide variety of fabric to chose from, I just happen to like the feel and look of the NeoSupreme.

Sorry for the long post...hope it helps

Johnnie d.

Motor vehicle Mode of transport Car seat Head restraint Car seat cover
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Car seat Head restraint Car seat cover

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
44 Posts
Those look great.

-On your past cars, did the original seats show wear marks when you took these off?

-how do they attach? Straps? Velcro? Etc?

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look great.

-On your past cars, did the original seats show wear marks when you took these off?

-how do they attach? Straps? Velcro? Etc?
Hi Leroy,

All past cars that I used the covers on were just like new when I removed the covers. No marks...nothing. Nice and clean

The covers come in either one piece or two. The covers I just installed are one piece (as shown in video link).

The headrest and the seat back covers are like a big glove, where you slide the cover over the seat back. The bottom seat cover fits very snug and is secured between set cushion and seat side molding, then you pass straps under seat and tighten it up with back cover...sounds confusing...sorry. Watch the video (bear in mind that the video shows an install in a truck...the process for the car is same) . You get a special tool and instructions to help with install , although I did not use the tool.

Coverking install

Hope that helps...good luck

Johnnie

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
I wasn't aware of CoverKing. I looked at 2-3 different ones on their website and they have the 2021 CX-30 specific for each one. I think this may be the answer to what for the jolly fat guy in December.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks. Just ordered some swatches. I hate the pleather material and would have bought an S, but my wife fell in love with the red so I had to get the preferred trim.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
Thanks. Just ordered some swatches. I hate the pleather material and would have bought an S, but my wife fell in love with the red so I had to get the preferred trim.
I think the red is the prettiest color they have. I couldn't spend the extra so I have white. Better for heat fighting in Texas too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the red is the prettiest color they have. I couldn't spend the extra so I have white. Better for heat fighting in Texas too.
If she hadn't come with me I would have bought the black. LOL! We share the car. Whoever is driving furthest that day gets the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts