Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've set both 1 and 2 seat memory configurations for my wife and myself. I've also configured them on our separate FOBS. I use the handle to enter my 2021 CX-30 Preferred and the seat is NOT in the same position it was when I left it.
My wife rarely drives the car so I can't figure out why it changes position after I leave it. Is there a way to "reboot" the memory to reset it from scratch or am I doing something wrong that causes this issue?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-X FWD, Sport Tech, Polymetal grey
45 Posts
The fobs thing is just trouble IMHO :)
If your wife unlocks the car (from any door) then her fob will set the seats,

+ it seems the fob positions are separate & independent from the 1&2 buttons, so even if you adjust your #1 setting your old setting on the fob will override it.

Sounds like this scenario is happening to you - you unlock and your fob settings override your #1 changes. It's not changing after you leave - its changing as you unlock it.

There is a way to entirely remove the programming from the fob - I didn't keep a note of it though - sorry.

All conjecture - of course.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
189 Posts
The fobs thing is just trouble IMHO :)
If your wife unlocks the car (from any door) then her fob will set the seats,

+ it seems the fob positions are separate & independent from the 1&2 buttons, so even if you adjust your #1 setting your old setting on the fob will override it.

Sounds like this scenario is happening to you - you unlock and your fob settings override your #1 changes. It's not changing after you leave - its changing as you unlock it.

There is a way to entirely remove the programming from the fob - I didn't keep a note of it though - sorry.

All conjecture - of course.
I agree, this seems to be the problem. Here is the procedure to erase programming from the key:

Erasing the driving positions programmed to the key
1. Switch the ignition OFF.
2. Press the SET button continuously until a sound is activated.
3. Press the lock button on the transmitter within 5 seconds after the sound is activated.
NOTE
If you do not perform the operation correctly, a sound indicating that the programming has failed is activated.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I agree, this seems to be the problem. Here is the procedure to erase programming from the key:

Erasing the driving positions programmed to the key
1. Switch the ignition OFF.
2. Press the SET button continuously until a sound is activated.
3. Press the lock button on the transmitter within 5 seconds after the sound is activated.
NOTE
If you do not perform the operation correctly, a sound indicating that the programming has failed is activated.
That worked! Thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found that the successful sound, and the failure sound, to be indistinguishable when you haven't heard them before. It took me a week to figure out that each time I was setting the memory, it was the failure sound I was hearing. If there was just a success sound, then I think I would have figured it out quicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.