Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts
This intrigued me so I went out and photographed my filler cap. (sorry about the photos - it's dark and wet here in the UK....)

Mine doesn't have the slots:

And the cap is definitely proud of the body. When I opened the cap there was a small amount of water drained out...

I'll contact the dealer and see what he says....

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Savcom, that certainly looks like the same issue. Trapped water in the plastic bit has frozen, expanded and popped the fuel door out. There’s definitely a TSB for this very issue.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
807 Posts
What country do you reside in? The US 2020 model does not have any slots. I'm convinced based on the issues I've had that there was a production run of about 10K cars that were just trash, all made in Mexico.
I thought that was clear in every post I do, don't you see the Canadian flag next to the word "Registered" also in my signature line it states "Canadian model". Also you can just hover the mouse over my avatar to see where I'm located.
My vehicle was assembled at the Mexican factory and can't fault the build quality.

I see the US flag next to "Registered" and see that you are from Minneapolis.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
68 Posts
This intrigued me so I went out and photographed my filler cap. (sorry about the photos - it's dark and wet here in the UK....)

Mine doesn't have the slots:
View attachment 1388

And the cap is definitely proud of the body. When I opened the cap there was a small amount of water drained out...
View attachment 1389

View attachment 1390

I'll contact the dealer and see what he says....
I was about to post photo's of mine, but yours are exactly the same, so no point. I am at the dealers on Saturday for the first service, I have mentioned it to them in advance, but they are not aware of any Mazda TSB relating to it, saying they will adjust it to fit, typical of their attitude, I will report back to the forum and update.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts
I was about to post photo's of mine, but yours are exactly the same, so no point. I am at the dealers on Saturday for the first service, I have mentioned it to them in advance, but they are not aware of any Mazda TSB relating to it, saying they will adjust it to fit, typical of their attitude, I will report back to the forum and update.
At least take the 'before' pictures so that you can see/prove that they've done something... 😇😉

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My Mazda showed me a colour printout of how / where to drill holes in the plastic part and to order a new fuel door lid so there’s definitely something in their system.
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had my frost damaged petrol cap inspected today during the first service. I was advised they are ordering from Mazda a new hinge part (the black plastic part attached to the outer coloured cap) The dealer then removes the outer painted part from the original and refits to the new part, so no painting required. Apparently the new part comes with the drain holes already moulded so no drilling required. No idea when the part will arrive or when it will be fitted, but I will keep you informed.

On arriving home and doing a visual inspection of the car, I noticed both front headlights where full of condensation, turning into large water droplets in places, if this does not clear within the next few dates it will be yet another problem the dealer will need to look at. Sadly the CX30 is turning out to be the most problematic car I have ever had within the first 12 months of ownership and I am becoming somewhat disillusioned with it. Considering my previous CX5 went a full three years without a single warranty claim or fault. Perhaps the secret is to wait a few years before buying and early problems will have been rectified.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
237 Posts
I had my frost damaged petrol cap inspected today during the first service. I was advised they are ordering from Mazda a new hinge part (the black plastic part attached to the outer coloured cap) The dealer then removes the outer painted part from the original and refits to the new part, so no painting required. Apparently the new part comes with the drain holes already moulded so no drilling required. No idea when the part will arrive or when it will be fitted, but I will keep you informed.

On arriving home and doing a visual inspection of the car, I noticed both front headlights where full of condensation, turning into large water droplets in places, if this does not clear within the next few dates it will be yet another problem the dealer will need to look at. Sadly the CX30 is turning out to be the most problematic car I have ever had within the first 12 months of ownership and I am becoming somewhat disillusioned with it. Considering my previous CX5 went a full three years without a single warranty claim or fault. Perhaps the secret is to wait a few years before buying and early problems will have been rectified.
I agree with your last statement 100%. I should have waited as well.

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
732 Posts
I agree with your last statement 100%. I should have waited as well.
Brings me to my ultimate reason why I leased my 2020 CX 30 for 3 years.. mind tho tho the issues iv had earlier on wher in fact Minor but exspensive to fix if I had to pay out of pocket. Since owning a 2017 Nissan Qashqai/Rouge sport.. that stupid thing have me a huge wakeup call and I made the mistake of taking a really good "deal" on a 2017 model back in 2018 when I bought it outright brand new 8km off the lot and had it for two years and it quickly became a warranty work nightmare. Pretty bad tho when the same dealership that has Nissan also dose Mazda and they tell you to trade in the Nissan asap and check out Mazda as they said Mazda is the way better version of Nissan .. they are correct as my experience in comparison has been 💯 times better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Brings me to my ultimate reason why I leased my 2020 CX 30 for 3 years.. mind tho tho the issues iv had earlier on wher in fact Minor but exspensive to fix if I had to pay out of pocket. Since owning a 2017 Nissan Qashqai/Rouge sport.. that stupid thing have me a huge wakeup call and I made the mistake of taking a really good "deal" on a 2017 model back in 2018 when I bought it outright brand new 8km off the lot and had it for two years and it quickly became a warranty work nightmare. Pretty bad tho when the same dealership that has Nissan also dose Mazda and they tell you to trade in the Nissan asap and check out Mazda as they said Mazda is the way better version of Nissan .. they are correct as my experience in comparison has been 💯 times better.
Yes, I should have learned a lesson from one of the first UK Nissan Qashqai,s I purchased back in 2014, I seemed to be forever sorting out teething problem's, so much so that I got shut after 18 months at a great cost. I went for the Mazda CX5, which by then had been in production since 2012 and all the early problems ironed out. It became the first car I have ever run for over four years and to its credit apart from servicing and tyres never saw the inside of the workshop.

After the Qashqai experience I should waited a couple of years before purchasing the CX30, but being an old fool still get swayed by modern technology, bells and whistles etc.

·
Registered
CX-30 Cosmo
19 Posts
Mazda recently updated the TSB regarding this issue, now includes 2021 models, and a modified fuel-filler lid panel service part has been established for less water absorbance.

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts