Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to be Ceramic coated very recently and I have to say I am more than impressed with the finish.

The treatment took four days, during which time they washed the car and took all the existing waxes, paint swirls and dirt off down to the clearcoat. They also cleaned the car thoroughly (look at the inside of the wheel well). A three-year ceramic coat treatment was applied, treating both the bodywork and the wheels and finished up cleaning the black plastic panels, the glass and dressing the tyres too. The colour really pops now in the sun - even the detailers went 'Wow' when the car was driven out and parked outside their unit (shame it wasn't sunny).

The only issue they had was the dreaded 'flat battery' warnings (which are apparently far less frequent than the same alarms and warnings on Range Rovers or on some Q-series Audis. :oops: )

The work was done by a company called Viking Detail in Salisbury, in the UK who have a unit in which they can work without any effects from the weather. I had to wait six-seven weeks to book the work in!

Here are some pictures for you:

During the work I was sent these two - a sort of before/after just of cleaning the bodywork. Here's the 'before'. Note the swirls visible around the small light spot.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

And this was 'after'. Notice how much tighter the spot of light is and how much more colour is visible.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Here's the car finished, but still in the workshop. Yes, that is carpet on the floor.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Here's the first outside shot.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

After driving it home I couldn't resist taking more pictures - including against my blue SLK, itself recently waxed and polished.
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

And finally, shiny wheels and a factory-fresh wheel well.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I'm really impressed - especially with the depth and sharpness of the reflections. Hope you are too.

Even though Mazda pride themselves on thin paint (claiming it saves the environment!) the detailer was surprised at how thin the paint was on the car - minimum measurements of 46 microns on the bonnet/hood and 43 microns on the roof. No wonder I'm getting stone chips!

·
Registered
Polymetal CX-30 Turbo (base)
15 Posts
Interestingly, it looks like your wheel wells are a solid plastic. For some reason mine is more of an outdoor carpet texture.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
488 Posts
Interestingly, it looks like your wheel wells are a solid plastic. For some reason mine is more of an outdoor carpet texture.
Models do differ from country to country. My car was assembled in Malaysia and is a Japan spec car. Has a 360 front and rear camera which I do not think the front camera is available with non Japan spec cars.

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv G, Cosmo, technoly 150 HK 2021
13 Posts
In the front, I have the same solid plastic. In the rear I have the outdoor carpet texture. Maybe the carpets function is to reduce the noice from the tires. I also wundered, that it is two complete different solutions for front and rear.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've not cleaned the car since but it has rained a lot here in the UK. Went out for a walk today and parked up.

Still looks shiny in the sun! 😎
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Cloud

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: henrikoe
1 - 7 of 7 Posts