Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find that the side view mirror is too far back (away from the windshield towards back of car)). I have owned several cars and several makes and my CX30 is the only car that interferes when making a left turn because it is almost directly in my line of vision and it is especially troublesome at night with lights coming from car behind. I am not tall but not terribly short. My seat is a high as possible and back as far as is comfortable. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,520 Posts
I agree it is slightly further back than from my previous vehicle, but I could not see in front of the mirror through the drivers window, but I can with the CX-30 however I have no problem with it. I first adjust it correctly so there is no blind spots on either side of the vehicle. I'm 5'-11"

Lights in your mirror from cars behind can happen on any mirror, thats why you have a dipping mirror on the inside (either manual or auto), but the outside ones I just simply move my head slightly to avoid that as required. If the person behind you is on low beam it's not really a problem in most cases.

It's like any new vehicle there is always some adjustments you have to make to get use to changes and new and different features.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree it is slightly further back than from my previous vehicle, but I could not see in front of the mirror through the drivers window, but I can with the CX-30 however I have no problem with it. I first adjust it correctly so there is no blind spots on either side of the vehicle. I'm 5'-11"

Lights in your mirror from cars behind can happen on any mirror, thats why you have a dipping mirror on the inside (either manual or auto), but the outside ones I just simply move my head slightly to avoid that as required. If the person behind you is on low beam it's not really a problem in most cases.

It's like any new vehicle there is always some adjustments you have to make to get use to changes and new and different features.

Hi, Thanks for your response. I have had the car for almost a year and am still trying to find the best adjustment for me. I think you being 5’11” and me being 5’3” is the difference. I have always felt that being taller would make a huge difference. I can make do but it is a blind spot I don’t really need. I love every other aspect of the car but I am looking.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
376 Posts
Does anyone else find that the side view mirror is too far back (away from the windshield towards back of car)). I have owned several cars and several makes and my CX30 is the only car that interferes when making a left turn because it is almost directly in my line of vision and it is especially troublesome at night with lights coming from car behind. I am not tall but not terribly short. My seat is a high as possible and back as far as is comfortable. Am I the only one?
I agree. It takes some getting used to

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Hi, Thanks for your response. I have had the car for almost a year and am still trying to find the best adjustment for me. I think you being 5’11” and me being 5’3” is the difference. I have always felt that being taller would make a huge difference. I can make do but it is a blind spot I don’t really need. I love every other aspect of the car but I am looking.

I agree they are too far back on the door.

I am 5'-10" and still have an issue with the placement. I don't think it is your height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.