Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would any UK owners please comment on the SkyActiv G auto version, particularly how well it copes on motorway inclines at 70 mph. I know the SkyActiv X version has a higher power output but most reports say the G version has a more refined engine and you need to do an extremely high miles to recoup the extra cost of the X version in fuel savings.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
Would any UK owners please comment on the SkyActiv G auto version, particularly how well it copes on motorway inclines at 70 mph. I know the SkyActiv X version has a higher power output but most reports say the G version has a more refined engine and you need to do an extremely high miles to recoup the extra cost of the X version in fuel savings.
Hi .
We have the manual G spec engine, we test drive both.. as you say for us the extra for the X spec wasn't justified.

We do alot of city driving with the odd 80 mile round trip and it performs well.. mpg is good at low 40's around town and we did get 58 on a day trip to Scarborough earlier in the year.. we came from a cx3 and 2 X mazda2 beforehand we get better mpg than in all the previous Mazda's..
Hope this helps

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
66 Posts
My wife has the G auto version and it's a great combo. There's enough shove when you need it (the mild hybrid helps) and it's not too bad with economy either. It's quite a refined lump although it can judder when pulling away or reversing into a space. I think it's probably the auto handbrake releasing which can cause the car to momentarily judder as it releases the brake. It's fine when moving forward but you need to be careful if you're backing up close to something.
Most of my wife's driving is to work and back. It's about 4 miles return plus a 35 mile trip every Saturday. She averages high 30's going to work and mid 40s on a decent run. We haven't done any long runs in the car to see what the economy is like on a sustained, hot engine, cruise. I would guess late 40s or early 50's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts