Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
450 Posts
No.. not coming to the UK. Think it's the cow emissions..bull..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thank you for the email correspondence and I hope the new Mazda CX-30 is being enjoyed.

I have spoken to our Brand Team who work closely with the teams over at Mazda Corporation in Japan for assistance in answering this question as it was not a specification I was aware of.

I can confirm Mazda Dealerships throughout Europe are offering this additional specification and it is not something Mazda dealerships in the UK will look to offer. This will mean throughout certain parts of Europe, a 122, 150 and 181ps versions will be available. All decisions are made based on market research and there has been no demand for a powertrain between the 122ps Skyactiv-G and the 181ps Skyactiv-X models. At this stage there are no plans to change the model line-up.

I hope this helps in answering the question and if there is anything else I can do to help in the future, please feel free to reply to this email or call me on 03457 484848.

Yours Sincerely

Stuart Stringer

Customer Relations Manager
Reply Quote
bruceboss
bruceboss
·
Registered
Joined 11 mo ago · 67 Posts
#12 • 10 mo ago

mrkjd said:
However I still went for one because I felt the extra oomph with the auto box and I feel to get the most from iStop / Radar Cruise etc an Auto box is the way to go.
That's the reason I went for the Skyactiv X Tech Automatic version (y) :)
Sport Tech Automatic 2WD Skyactiv X Soul Red
Reply Quote

Habu
·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
Joined 11 mo ago · 46 Posts
#13 • 10 mo ago

I bought my wife an auto CX-30 G engine. It's her first auto, which she loves. I felt she didn't need the X although you do get an electric sunroof thrown in and the option of stone leather, the latter of which would have been nice. I test drove the G auto and the X manual and felt that there wasn't much more torque in the X so rather than buying her an X engined GT Sport I bought her a G engined GT Sport Tech. I definitely know she appreciates the extra stuff in the Tech.
Reply Quote
mrkjd
mrkjd
·
Registered
Joined 11 mo ago · 26 Posts
#14 • 10 mo ago

I test drove the G auto and feel the X suits the auto box much more. Whilst I’m not sure the X is worth the premium on manuals I think it is for the auto. The general gearing for economy and lack of low down torque mean you need to shift down a lot with a manual to make progress and that isn’t translated to the gearing on the auto box which seems happier with the engine characteristics and sport mode really is sporty!

Reviewers quite rightly rave about Mazda manuals ( we had an MX5) but seem to use that to dis the auto. I don’t think the auto is stand out like the manual but neither is it poor. Sort of equal (but different) to the Santa Fe we had and much better than Toyota and Subaru CVT efforts we’ve drove.
Reactions:bruceboss
Reply Quote
steve67
steve67
·
Registered
Joined Dec 14, 2019 · 422 Posts
Discussion Starter • #15 • 10 mo ago

Just re read my post.....

We are really pleased with our choice of car. My gripe was that I had read the remapped engine was being offered shortly after the cx30 was released and before ordered cars has been handed over...
I actually got to drive our cx30 for the first time in 3 weeks last weekend...
Can't fault it...well the only fault bis I don't get behind the wheel enough..?
Reply Quote
mrkjd
mrkjd
·
Registered
Joined 11 mo ago · 26 Posts
#16 • 10 mo ago

We are extremely pleased but are discovering the odd quirk eg the car doesn’t seem to auto lock when you walk away from it if you got out and went in the boot first. Or maybe it’s us....!
I think one of the features I’m most impressed with are the adaptive headlights. First car we’ve had with these but I’ve read a lot about various models not dipping etc. The Mazda igets it 99% right and wow - they are bright!
Reactions:You
Reply Quote
steve67
steve67
·
Registered
Joined Dec 14, 2019 · 422 Posts
Discussion Starter • #17 • 10 mo ago

mrkjd said:
We are extremely pleased but are discovering the odd quirk eg the car doesn’t seem to auto lock when you walk away from it if you got out and went in the boot first. Or maybe it’s us....!
I think one of the features I’m most impressed with are the adaptive headlights. First car we’ve had with these but I’ve read a lot about various models not dipping etc. The Mazda igets it 99% right and wow - they are bright!
Click to expand...Press the lock button on the boot.. the car locks and boot closes..also the driver's door has to be closed last to auto lock/ walkaway.. that's what we have found..
Adaptive headlight's are next level ..
Reply Quote
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Write your reply...

Recommended Reading
Question for UK Skyactiv-G Owners
Mazda CX‌-30 General Discussion Forum
3 575
Edz2k20 Edz2k20 · updated 1 mo ago
Mazda CX-30 Turbo coming to market
2020+ Mazda CX‌-30 News
17 1K
ArcticHound ArcticHound · updated 3 mo ago
SkyActiv G or SkyActiv X Engine for Long Distance Trips?
10 633
sc489 · updated 1 mo ago
Test Drove CX-30 as Possible Replacement for Audi A4
6 1K
Crusader · updated 9 mo ago
CX5 Downsizer
New Member Introductions
20 1K
Edz2k20 Edz2k20 · updated 5 mo ago
Home
About Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
Help
Contact us
VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada
Manage Consent
Forum so

·
Registered
11 Posts
This isn't that old...
Google translate if your Japanese is rusty :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some people in some European countries are thinking about asking Mazds to consider a software update for the 180 version, to benefit at least partially from the improvements of the 186 version.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
157 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
157 Posts

·
Registered
2021, Mazda CX 30, SkyActiv X, GT Sport
3 Posts
I really hope we get this update in Ireland, I only received my CX 30 Skyactiv X 3 weeks ago! According to info on Mazda.ie I have the 224nm version

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X i-Active
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

Does someone know if the current Skyactiv-X with 180hp will get an upgrade to the new Skyactiv-X with 186hp?
I heard they’re doing it in Japan.

It’s a bit ridiculous I bought a car with the “old” engine in Fev 2021 and I don’t have the right to upgrade it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts