Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv X Sports lux Black
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first reasonable trip in the CX 30. Round trip of 330 miles from North East England to Scotland and achieved an average MPG of 49 mpg real world driving and with two in the car and towbar with 2 Mountain E-Bikes on board.
Considering i did a similar trip in my CX 3 1.5 diesel and averaged 52 mpg, am pretty pleased with that.
Even with 186 bhp, still have to gauge overtaking manoeuvres unless you work the gears.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
327 Posts
Did my first reasonable trip in the CX 30. Round trip of 330 miles from North East England to Scotland and achieved an average MPG of 49 mpg real world driving and with two in the car and towbar with 2 Mountain E-Bikes on board.
Considering i did a similar trip in my CX 3 1.5 diesel and averaged 52 mpg, am pretty pleased with that.
Even with 186 bhp, still have to gauge overtaking manoeuvres unless you work the gears.
If the X engine was available here in canada i would deffinatly take it as its pretty much the same HP as the 2.5 G engine we have here of 186.. which for me im fairly happy with it but for better MPG the X engine seems to do better without much HP sacrifice.

·
Registered
CX30 SEL Lux 2.0X Machine Grey
8 Posts
After 1500 miles of ownership my rolling average is currently 49.4mpg. I regularly get well over 50mpg on longer journeys without really trying. (according to trip computer). My previous 3 with 2.0l G engine was maybe 4-5mpg less than this.

·
Registered
327 Posts
After 1500 miles of ownership my rolling average is currently 49.4mpg. I regularly get well over 50mpg on longer journeys without really trying. (according to trip computer). My previous 3 with 2.0l G engine was maybe 4-5mpg less than this.
Wow that's really good fuel economy.. mine with the 2.5 g and cylinder deactivation get about 30 combined 33 if only Highway. I'm curious about the x engine.. and so how is merging power as in get up and go and Passing power? The 2.5G engine with cylinder deactivation is fairly decent as I'm happy with it for the most part..

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv X Sports lux Black
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This CX 30 is the first petrol car i have owned following many years of turbo diesels. I still find it disconcerting when i am still revving over 4k rpm and that's where you need to be to get any decent oomph out of the 30. The lack of a turbo does mean that you have to work the gears when urgency is needed.
For everyday use and motorway driving it's more than adequate for my needs, however if there had been an option of turbo diesel in the UK i would have seriously considered it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
This CX 30 is the first petrol car i have owned following many years of turbo diesels. I still find it disconcerting when i am still revving over 4k rpm and that's where you need to be to get any decent oomph out of the 30. The lack of a turbo does mean that you have to work the gears when urgency is needed.
For everyday use and motorway driving it's more than adequate for my needs, however if there had been an option of turbo diesel in the UK i would have seriously considered it.
Of they wher to put the engine from the new Mazda 3 turbo into the CX 30 that would be really awesome 😊

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
378 Posts
Don't forget the UK have different-sized gallons so 49mpg UK is equivalent to 40mpg US/Can.
not Canada, we use litres per 100 km, if we convert to mpg we use imperial not US mpg.

·
Registered
2020 Polymetal Grey AWD (premium)
6 Posts
not Canada, we use litres per 100 km, if we convert to mpg we use imperial not US mpg.
Gotcha. OP says he gets between 30-33mpg so I figured he was talking the same kinda mpg that I get. I've gotten 37.5mpg (US) on a 120-mile purely highway round-trip. 30-33mpg Canadian sounds very low.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
336 Posts
so with you getting just 4-5 mpg more than the old 'g spec' engine, would you say the 'x spec' is worth it.?

when we test drove both we opted for the 'G spec' as there wasn't much difference in the drive, only the very big price difference. At 1800 miles, we currenty get 42-44mpg around town and well over 50 mpg on a run, 56mpg the other week on a 60mile run on 'A' roads( that was a leisurely drive)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts