Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Machine Gray CX-30
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am having a problem with Smart Brake on my new CX-30. Twice in the last couple of weeks, it has engaged during stop and go traffic when there was no reason and I was under normal braking. Caused sudden lock up and behind cars nearly crashed into me (angry horns). But the scary part is the brakes completely disengage for about a 1/2 of second before the lock up, so I came within inches of banging the vehicle in front. So it didn't augment the braking... it actually disengaged and then locked. It created a near collision when there wasn't.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Can it be disabled?

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
Am having a problem with Smart Brake on my new CX-30. Twice in the last couple of weeks, it has engaged during stop and go traffic when there was no reason and I was under normal braking. Caused sudden lock up and behind cars nearly crashed into me (angry horns). But the scary part is the brakes completely disengage for about a 1/2 of second before the lock up, so I came within inches of banging the vehicle in front. So it didn't augment the braking... it actually disengaged and then locked. It created a near collision when there wasn't.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Can it be disabled?
So I take it you are getting a BRAKE! Message and then it slams the brakes on? For no reason.. there has been a known defect issue with the front sonar sensor... I had mine replaced under warranty.. and somebody else on here did to.. my dealership has replaced 4 already as they told me .. I would consolt with your dealership as ever since mine has been replaced never has happened again ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts