Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
158 Posts
MRCC works flawlessly, as long as the little car symbol is displays which means it is tracking the vehicle infront of you. It will slow down, speed up and bring the vehicle to a stop if the vehicle infront of you stop. If the vehicle starts to move within 3 seconds it will automatically start to move again.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
403 Posts
All you have to do is just lightly tap the accelerator to disinguage the auto hold feature and yes it works very well iv used it allot. Also iv had a shopping cart roll out infront of me at work in the pitch black and the system slammed the brakes on and reacted before I even know what was going on as it was a hard item to see in fog and pitch black so the system works very well 😊

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
168 Posts
MRCC works flawlessly, as long as the little car symbol is displays which means it is tracking the vehicle infront of you. It will slow down, speed up and bring the vehicle to a stop if the vehicle infront of you stop. If the vehicle starts to move within 3 seconds it will automatically start to move again.
Flawlessly?
Mazda says; MRCC may not perform as expected due to factors such as the shape of the vehicle in front (some shapes do not reflect radar well, etc.), bad weather (rain, snow, fog, etc.), and road conditions (multiple curves, undulations, etc.).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Flawlessly?
Mazda says; MRCC may not perform as expected due to factors such as the shape of the vehicle in front (some shapes do not reflect radar well, etc.), bad weather (rain, snow, fog, etc.), and road conditions (multiple curves, undulations, etc.).
I don't know .. lol it sure worked for a shopping cart right on the middle of a parking lot in fog and pitch black so I don't know what else to say 😅 🙃

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
I’ve had the radar cruise control on while approaching stationary traffic ahead. I waited as late as I dared before hitting the brakes, it certainly didn’t look as though it was going to stop by itself.
You have to make sure the radar has picked up the target. It will show a car in front of you in the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You have to make sure the radar has picked up the target. It will show a car in front of you in the gauge cluster.
I will be useing mine next week for a 3.5 hour drive so I'm excited to finally use it on a bit of a road trip and I do like the system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the feedback on this guys.
Following other cars, the MRCC seems to work well enough - unless the car in front goes round a corner and the radar loses sight of it.
When approaching a stationary car which is stopped at the lights up ahead, with nothing moving in between, there is no car symbol on the dash and the radar doesn’t seem to pick it up until it’s too late. This is just an observation from me ‘touching the sides’ of a system I’ve never had before. If there were no vehicles at all between me & the red lights then I’d obviously have to intervene anyway.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Sport Tech SkyActiv-X : Soul Red
17 Posts
That's interesting, thanks. My car is only about 6wks old! 🤦‍♀️
Collected our CX-30 at the start of September and only covered around 400 miles. Experienced the * BRAKE * message on a couple of occasions with nothing in-front of us. Luckily the brakes did not engage and the message simply flashed up!

Just this minute taken a call from the dealership, where we purchased the vehicle, saying they would like me to bring the car in so they can apply an update as the vehicle may unexpectedly stop due to inadvertent activation of the automated Smart Brake Support (SBS) system.

So all booked in for this Friday @ 10:15AM - Side note, not sure why this wasn't done as part of the PDI, especially seeing as they updated the firmware to 10047? I think I'd better ask the question!

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
43 Posts
The SBS recall was officially for this range for UK/EUR:

Model Subject VIN range Subject production date range
Mazda3 JMZ BP**** 01 100060 – 143678 From 6 November 2018 through tp 19 October 2019
CX-30 JMZ DM**** 00 100068 – 128082 From 25 April 2019 through to 19 October 2019

@UKCX30SOON, I assume your car is way out of this range if you have the car for a month. As such it's not that surprising it hasn't come up during PDI.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
369 Posts
Infotainment Firmware is now 10049 👍

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
43 Posts
For anybody interested in knowing whether there a (still) open recall items on your car Mazda has on their local country websites an infotool for that. For instance for UK it's found at Mazda Recall Information | Mazda UK If you supply your VIN there it will show open recall items if there are any.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts