Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Soul Red Crystal Metallic Mazda CX-30 Picture Thread

37K views 61 replies 26 participants last post by  Mijncx30 
#1 ·
#3 ·
my wife's favourite colour. What's the up-charge for that colour in the UK?

#5 ·
I love to look at the soul red. I have a CX5 in that color. When it came time to chose a color for my new 3, I passed though. It chips far to easily and is VERY difficult to touch up. I went with poly metal gray for the 3. Better match for the Black/ burgundy interior too, not mention saving 600 bucks.

#22 ·
Steve 67.
For my soul red CX 30 I am going to the pharmacy on Monday to check on ladies red and clear nail varnish .
I love the grey however we have to please the ladies dont we ! the Soul Red has got the wow ! factor.

WOW! i wish I had a Machine Grey CX3.
Donald

#6 ·
.....i'm into detailing , so it will be well looked after.... current winter coat, so the cx30 and mazda3 are covered in

#7 · (Edited)
managed to get a couple of screen shots from the Spanish video showing the production at the Mazda plant in Mexico. It shows the under coat before they apply the Soul Red paint, which ties in with what a salesman was trying to explain to me when I asked why that specific colour was so expensive.

(update - what happened to the screen shot I posted? Here it is again)

#9 ·
All paint even new paint have impurities..you could just wash then Glaze or polish and then wax, then a wipe over with hydrophobic sealant.
Depends on how you want tackle the paint...
Always jet wash and use 2 bucket method to avoid swirls.

Basically..
Foam
Wash
Clay
Glaze/polish
Sealant
Wax
Could also top with a hydrophobic like Turtle wax seal n shine.
Lots of info on www.detailingworld.com

#13 ·
..a new car will have swirls from the dealership pdi ....I've just washed our cx30.. applied M&K bavaria sealant. Anvil wax... And just to add an extra gloss and hydrophobic layer Turtle wax seal and shine....( This has had great reviews and is cheap .)
What do you think
Looks great! I could never afford M&K products. But Turtle Wax Seal & Shine is in my price range - I'll pick some up today.

#18 ·
congrats bruceboss, my favourite colour. (y)(y)

I was born in North-West England. :D

Reactions: bruceboss
#25 ·
TOUCH UP PAINT.
The soul red is not exactly one shade of colour seen on the vehicle , as found in the tin .

In reality dependant on the light value the car exibits many shades of red as you walk around the vehicle.

At The pharmacy I was able to purchase...

70 % Isopropyl Alcohol.

[1] Silver fleck nail varnish # 100 Hologasm.... by REVON.
[2] Red; For ever yummy #488 ...by ESSIE
[3] Clear; #771 ... by REVLON

The trained consultant assisted me with the color selection out in the day light.

I was instructed to apply each application in the order stated above as thin as posible on a clean dry vehicle, for that I plan to use 70 % Isoproyl Alcohol ,timing is critical, each stage must be alowed to dry / cure .

However I will make several numbered test samples on dark and light paper to determin the best match.

Aparantly the factory employs a three staged applications to get the orrigional desired effect.

Note :- not all red tints are the same being dependant on the model and the year.

I will then match the numbered samples to the car for best and call it" Bermuda red."

There are no guarentees.

#29 ·
OK ! Tom You vehicle looks very nice .

the latest red is there is another red that Mazda i using on their latest model cars i don't know the number of their darker color
I found that my 2018 CX3 is color is 41V

i had on order inJanuary this year a red CX30 but that backfired + long story, the dealer sold same car twice.

The nail varnish red stated in my last post was too light in color to cover the spot where i got a scratch.
I was able to get a new Revlon #854 called" Red Affair " nail varnish which is a darker red #854 .
my trained eye tell me you can find 1300 + stades if red or any other color on a car so all that is dependant on where you are going to touch up the car

This procedure is not easy project and all that is on you back... sorry sir !
By the way may car is now Teflon coated .
You may wind up ceramic coating your car... very soon.

#38 ·
Soul Crystal Red Metallic is Mazda’s signature color (as a way to show off their engineering prowess as an A-list automobile manufacturer) for technical reasons most owners don’t appreciate. It’s not just a special color, it’s a special paint job in total.

Car Plant Vehicle Land vehicle Grille

Full chrome delete (vinyl wrap), tinted headlights, turn-signals, and grill emblem, PPF on hood and front bumper - all self-installed in the first 300-miles.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille

Hyperdip ‘Piano Black’ on rear badges and emblem.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille

This is Vvivid+ Plus Tec R Gloss Black vinyl wrap (new for 2022, not last year’s inferior CPO-series Tec R product).

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Brake rotors painted (high-temp) silver, calipers smoothed, filled, and painted color of choice.

#39 · (Edited)
Soul Crystal Red Metallic is Mazda’s signature color (as a way to show off their engineering prowess as an A-list automobile manufacturer) for technical reasons most owners don’t appreciate. It’s not just a special color, it’s a special paint job in total.

View attachment 5208
Full chrome delete (vinyl wrap), tinted headlights, turn-signals, and grill emblem, PPF on hood and front bumper - all self-installed in the first 300-miles.

View attachment 5209
Hyperdip ‘Piano Black’ on rear badges and emblem.

View attachment 5210

View attachment 5211
This is Vvivid+ Plus Tec R Gloss Black vinyl wrap (new for 2022, not last year’s inferior CPO-series Tec R product).

It looks amazing. What did you use for the tinted headlights? type of film and percentage. I’ve been considering doing this but I would like to achieve just a smoky appearance and not affect the visibility of the headlights. I also have a soul red car.

#47 ·
Chrome delete and headlights tint. Following suggestion from some forum members who have already done this I took the decision and chrome deleted front and door trims as well as the roof rails. Also applied light smoke headlight tint. It changes dramatically the look specially on the Soul Red Mazda’s. For the wrap I went with a Matte black From 3M and for the headlight tint I used a light smoke from Luxe.