Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 Turbo (Engine? Year?)
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who thinks the base stereo is "lacking" in quality. Please try this EQ setting and let me know how it sounds. At first I thought the system was broken, this setting made it lots better. Keep in mind everyone's taste in sound is different.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
337 Posts
For those who thinks the base stereo is "lacking" in quality. Please try this EQ setting and let me know how it sounds. At first I thought the system was broken, this setting made it lots better. Keep in mind everyone's taste in sound is different. View attachment 2677
Hmmm 🤔 I don't believe I have those settings and I do have upgraded the Bose system.. when I can check my car later on today I'll see. Cuz I'm only aware of the base and treble section of the settings

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
108 Posts
Hmmm 🤔 I don't believe I have those settings and I do have upgraded the Bose system.. when I can check my car later on today I'll see. Cuz I'm only aware of the base and treble section of the settings
It appears the OP probably has a 2021 (a Turbo) version so probably something not on the 2020 model. My 2020 Bose doesn't have an EQ setting...that I've noticed; I now have to look. :unsure:

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
the 2021 US "Base" Turbo model comes with the 8-speaker system, the Premium and Premium Plus comes with the Bose system. This is not the case in Canada.

I have the standard 8 speaker system on my 2020 GS, so curious about this feature, but have not checked to see if I actually have this feature or maybe it was added for the 2021 model year.

Reactions: Nvkicks

·
Registered
2021 cx-30 2.5l AWD Turbo premium package
52 Posts
I checked for this feature on my ride. I did not find this tuning option available anywhere in the system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it looks like some model do not have the settings. Not quite sure which ones do. I'm curious how the ones that do not are tuned.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah it looks like some model do not have the settings. Not quite sure which ones do. I'm curious how the ones that do not are tuned.
On mine:

Basic bass and treble controls, fader and balance, and then the Bose features.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo - Black
5 Posts
Everyone, this is for the base stereo, which my 21 Turbo has. It has no low end. 3.5" drivers aren't going to get much work done. I tried a normal V shaped pattern initially and the high end greatly overpowers the lows. Skewing the low end high like this does help a bunch. Good call @Nvkicks

This is one of the weakest stereos I have ever had and I have owned countless cars. My 02 F150 stereo sounds better than this. Huge disappointment.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
I checked I have this feature in 8 speaker stereo system
To locate: MENU / Audio Settings / Sound adjustment mode (select Advanced) / Equalizer (then scroll all the way to the bottom of the list) / Customize IQ

I'm not sure I would know what settings to use in this settings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everyone, this is for the base stereo, which my 21 Turbo has. It has no low end. 3.5" drivers aren't going to get much work done. I tried a normal V shaped pattern initially and the high end greatly overpowers the lows. Skewing the low end high like this does help a bunch. Good call @Nvkicks

This is one of the weakest stereos I have ever had and I have owned countless cars. My 02 F150 stereo sounds better than this. Huge disappointment.
Yeah I'm super disappointed with the low end. I'd love to get aftermarket subwoofer but wouldn't know where to start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To locate: MENU / Audio Settings / Sound adjustment mode (select Advanced) / Equalizer (then scroll all the way to the bottom of the list) / Customize IQ

View attachment 2683

View attachment 2684

Try out my setting see how you like it!

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
157 Posts

View attachment 2683

View attachment 2684

Thanks! I just set mine to "Rock' for now, but will back to play. LOL

·
Registered
2021 2.5L AWD 'Astina'
6 Posts
Hey guys, I don’t have EQ settings. 2.5l premium non turbo, software version 1100. However adjusting the Fader setting to be rear dominant results in a huge performance increase from the subwoofer. Like night and day huge. See if it works for you and let us know 👍

Font Rectangle Science Circle Auto part

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys, I don’t have EQ settings. 2.5l premium non turbo, software version 1100. However adjusting the Fader setting to be rear dominant results in a huge performance increase from the subwoofer. Like night and day huge. See if it works for you and let us know 👍

View attachment 2784
Interesting, I will try tomorrow. Do you have the Boss sound system?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seems the 12 speaker Bose system doesn't have the custom eq the 8 speaker car has. But those 8 speakers sound like 70's mono transistor radio (ok, almost..). Were stuck with it. I'm willing some aftermarket solution would come up soon. Otherwise I'm considering putting some large JBL BT boombox - would sound way better.

·
Registered
52 Posts

View attachment 2784
I'm giving this a whirl today!

I'll try it with the back seats up, as well as down (which is how I'm currently configured).

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
738 Posts
It appears the OP probably has a 2021 (a Turbo) version so probably something not on the 2020 model. My 2020 Bose doesn't have an EQ setting...that I've noticed; I now have to look. :unsure:
My 2021 Mazda 3 turbo with the Bose system dosent have this option.. hmm intresting..

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv G, Cosmo, technoly 150 HK 2021
2 Posts

View attachment 2784
I agree. This make a big difference. I read the same advice two weeks ago, and this is the way to go 👍

·
Registered
52 Posts
I gave the tweak a whirl on road trip today.

Played mostly Motown, and some Country.

I found I got more of a kick by boosting the bass ( I have had mine set at +2) to +6 / 7.

Just adjusting the fader to the rear wasn't enough to make an appreciable difference to my ancient ears.

Seats up vs seats down didn't change anything enough for me to notice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts