Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sonic Silver CX-30 Turbo, former 2020 CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Preferred
1 Posts
For those who thinks the base stereo is "lacking" in quality. Please try this EQ setting and let me know how it sounds. At first I thought the system was broken, this setting made it lots better. Keep in mind everyone's taste in sound is different. View attachment 2677
Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! I just purchased a base CX30 Turbo, and I previously had the Bose system in my 3 Turbo hatch, and I was worried about going to the 'base' sound system. But with this equalizer setting, it's like night and day difference than any of the presets (Rock, Pop, etc) - I'm a music buff, but not enough to know how to tune an equalizer like this...thanks again!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new here and just got my Mazda 2021 CX-30 a few days ago. My question is how do you get the Customized EQ settings to save. Everytime I set it up then exit (via the back icon) out of that EQ settings screen it doesn't sound like those new settings are being retained? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
108 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new here and just got my Mazda 2021 CX-30 a few days ago. My question is how do you get the Customized EQ settings to save. Everytime I set it up then exit (via the back icon) out of that EQ settings screen it doesn't sound like those new settings are being retained? Thanks in advance.
Instead of pressing the "back" icon try pushing one of the buttons around the scroll knob on your console - like the NAV or Music button. That way you're exiting the EQ settings without hitting the back button. Maybe it will SAVE then? Just a guess... (I have the Bose system without the EQ settings option.)

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
if I remember correctly you have to save it one of the 3 custom sections. The Customize EQ is just to create what you would like, it doesn't save it specifically to that heading.

Font Rectangle Electric blue Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, found it. When you're in the customize EQ settings you just have to scroll one place up above the 40Hz setting and it lists SAVE and then you save it to Custom1, 2, or 3. I just wasn't scrolling up past 40 Hz since I thought 40Hz was the first entry in the list. Normally you would expect the save options to be at the bottom of all the frequencies after you've made adjustments not the top menu item that doesn't show by default. Mazda should fix this in an update.

·
Registered
2021 CX 30 2.5
5 Posts
I checked for this feature on my ride. I did not find this tuning option available anywhere in the system.
I have a base 2021 and it's in mine, you have to switch the eq to manual or something like that to get that sub menu. Best part is that it allows you to save 3 custom settings so if you like sports talk you can have one for that, dance or rock etc.

EDIT should have read down further...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts