Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few weeks we have noticed an increased number of new members who are in fact spammers. They don't own a CX-30 and never intend owning one.

We usually catch them before they get two feet in the door but lately, our observations have been that they can bypass our safeguards.

When a suspect post is then made by them, we review and ban as required. HOWEVER, it appears that actual persons (and not just "bots") are at work here.

Spammer Posts
In some cases the spammer will post 'articles' or links to products that they are promoting (eg wheel spacers or dashcams). If you notice any and you suspect they may be spam, just click/tap on the three dots on the right of the post and select 'Report'. This will alert the staff and we will take steps to remove the post and tidy up afterwards.

Spammer Conversations
In some cases conversations are being initiated by the spammer directly to members. It includes a message to the effect that they have (or knows someone who does have) what the member needs/wants and has posted requesting assistance to find that part. This conversation will typically include an email address or a link for the member to then communicate with the spammer's partner in crime.

If you get a message from a new member (or a suspect member) DO THIS:
  1. Don't reply to either the conversation/pm or the included email address and
  2. You'll find in the conversation (to the right) an option to include more members. Please add any/all staff (savcom, Captainkirkw, etc) to that conversation. The notification to us is then AUTOMATIC and no further action is necessary on your part. We will see the conversation that was sent to you.
We will then take appropriate action.

Thanks for reading and STAY SAFE (y) (y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
You keep telling me I need to complete my registration. I think I have & don't know what else you need.

·
Administrator
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You keep telling me I need to complete my registration. I think I have & don't know what else you need.
I acknowledged that you completed your profile in a private message to you yesterday. Please read your messages and you'd know this. Also, all your posts are now approved. What else do you want?

·
Administrator
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I though you were warning us against Spam! (Some Parts Are Meat) View attachment 1588
Nothing wrong with Spam, but those nasty, evil people bent on taking your money by deceit and cheating do need to be watched for... 👍😊

Reactions: dpaCPA
1 - 6 of 6 Posts