Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now purchasing a CX30 with wheel size 18inch 215/55. Can i transfer my spare ali wheel and tire from my CX3 which is 18inch 215/50 and use as spare?

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
411 Posts
The sub is in boot where the spare would be...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i know that sub is in boot, but the sub fits within the wheel like on the CX3. I'm really wanting to know if i am allowed to use the CX3 wheel as it's slightly different size.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, there is a diff. of 11mm Radius. (215*.50 and 215*.55)
It wil look like overload at that side.
Not so good for the Body if used for a long distance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, there is a diff. of 11mm Radius. (215*.50 and 215*.55)
It wil look like overload at that side.
Not so good for the Body if used for a long distance.
Many thanks for that. So do you think that using it on emergencies only would be ok and not breaking law. It certainly sounds better idea than a spare mini wheel. what would you advise?

·
Registered
13 Posts
This wheel wil also make a faster rpm, so the differential has to adjust and your speedometer wil be wrong.
But just for emergencies it is perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm no expert on its function but fitting a non standard diameter wheel may well confuse the abs sensor system, and possibly also the stability control system (I think both function on comparison with the rotation speed differential between the wheels). I've only had my CX-30 for nearly a week (downsized from a CX-5) and I mentioned the spare wheel issue to my sales exec. (I have seen on the internet that a spare wheel is supplied in a number of countries) He seemed to think that Mazda may well introduce the option/availability in the UK, but he didn't have a time-scale (He said Mazda are good at listening to/responding to customer feedback. Cue for opposing views ?!!!). I am firmly against the jungle-juice and electric pump option as use of the juice requires tyre replacement as it prevents a repair patch being galvanised onto the tyre structure (so a new tyre just for one small nail hole !). If Mazda do introduce availablity of a spare wheel in the UK, the only issue will be cost, as it will cost more as an individual item than choosing as an option for a new car, as there will be no off-set in pricing by not having the electric pump and appropriate boot insert. Perhaps those interested should give Mazda UK feedback on our requirement. This post has galvanised me into contacting Mazda UK myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm no expert on its function but fitting a non standard diameter wheel may well confuse the abs sensor system, and possibly also the stability control system (I think both function on comparison with the rotation speed differential between the wheels). I've only had my CX-30 for nearly a week (downsized from a CX-5) and I mentioned the spare wheel issue to my sales exec. (I have seen on the internet that a spare wheel is supplied in a number of countries) He seemed to think that Mazda may well introduce the option/availability in the UK, but he didn't have a time-scale (He said Mazda are good at listening to/responding to customer feedback. Cue for opposing views ?!!!). I am firmly against the jungle-juice and electric pump option as use of the juice requires tyre replacement as it prevents a repair patch being galvanised onto the tyre structure (so a new tyre just for one small nail hole !). If Mazda do introduce availablity of a spare wheel in the UK, the only issue will be cost, as it will cost more as an individual item than choosing as an option for a new car, as there will be no off-set in pricing by not having the electric pump and appropriate boot insert. Perhaps those interested should give Mazda UK feedback on our requirement. This post has galvanised me into contacting Mazda UK myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your info. I think i will source the alloy wheel and tyre and carry a full spare as opposed to carrying an emergency tyre. So will have a unused alloy and tyre for sale for cx3.Will also give feedback to Mazda uk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have now sorted my problem by purchasing a space saver wheel from Tyremen. Great quality and fitted without much problem.

·
Registered
CX30 GT Sport Tech, SkyActive G, Maanual, Soul Red
2 Posts
I am about to try locating my old CX3 space saver spare which has all the fitments for the Bose Sub speaker. Do you have the same for yours?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I purchased my spare from Tyremen and found that my old cx3 foam from spare wheel kit fitted my cx30 boot ideal. I have had to make new boot lid floor as the one with the cx30 just not strong enough to bridge the wheel and speaker well. I used 16mm plywood and am going to cover it with black car carpet via Amazon.Looks great.
So now have brand new cx3 full alloy wheel and tyre for sale unused if any body interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On the bottom side of my new boot lid i have glued strips of firm foam about 16mm thick just to give bit of extra space to the top of bose speaker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts