Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX30 Turbo Premium
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i hear this sound every so often that comes and goes that is either in the dash by the screen or up in the mirror assembly. It sounds like some sort of short / the crackling / buzzing sort of noise you get when you rub two low-voltage / amerage wires together. Is there any sort of known defect that sounds like this? I'm hesitant to bring it right back to the dealer because it's like 45min away and i fear they will get 'lucky' and not be able to reproduce the issue. So far it has happened 4 times and we've probably driven it about 20 times.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30
35 Posts
Could be an intermittent short. Perhaps you should try recording it so you can prove it's happening when you get to the dealer.
The same thing happens to my cx-30! I can’t figure out where it’s coming from either but it sounds like somewhere around the screen/dash to me as well. I’m glad at least I’m not the only one. The only pattern I’ve noticed is that it usually happens when I first start the car and it only happened during about the first 5 minutes of driving. I thought maybe the heat had some sort of role in it but obviously I have no idea if that’s true.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
The same thing happens to my cx-30! I can’t figure out where it’s coming from either but it sounds like somewhere around the screen/dash to me as well. I’m glad at least I’m not the only one. The only pattern I’ve noticed is that it usually happens when I first start the car and it only happened during about the first 5 minutes of driving. I thought maybe the heat had some sort of role in it but obviously I have no idea if that’s true.
Have you tried moving the mirror when stationary and seeing if the sound is heard then? If it is, then you might want to get it investigated before it blows a fuse - or worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.