Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
103 Posts
No worries :)

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
15 Posts
I have just emailed my dealer here about this. I have version 10045 with no alerts in the system. Have any members tried to raise this in Australia?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a new 2020 Maz3 and same exact issue in Aus. @Edz2k20 I have 10042 and same as you, no options for warnings in the system. Spoke to dealer and they said they don't do software updates during a service. Pretty pathetic IMO. They suggested to try updating the maps via SD card but doubt it'll do anything

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
127 Posts
I do not wish the pain you guys have endured on anyone😖😞. Instead of me going down that route I decided to update the firmware myself in North America. Unfortunately we don't have the speed camera option here so I don't know if that will fix it for you guys😢

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got a new 2020 Maz3 and same exact issue in Aus. @Edz2k20 I have 10042 and same as you, no options for warnings in the system. Spoke to dealer and they said they don't do software updates during a service. Pretty pathetic IMO. They suggested to try updating the maps via SD card but doubt it'll do anything
Hi
You're right, first thing I did, ran the maps backup and update via the toolbox, in your case it may well bring in speed camera data (they show on the navigation map) but without an update to the software '10047 there are no warnings available in the navigation menu. At this point I have mine scheduled for Monday. Assuming it all goes as planned and 10047 or higher is installed ok I'll report back if it activates the feature.

Meantime You could try asking the dealer specifically for an update to 10047 as it fixes known lockups and issues with the infotainment (as well as adding the warnings), if you go to the link PeterK posted on page 1 for HiDrive theres a PDF document that runs through all the corrections in the update. NB it also contains the update itself and instructions on doing it via USB but I would advise strongly against doing it yourself unless you're happy and are absolutely sure it wont invalidate any warranties should it go wrong, I'd never advise that route as I wouldnt want to be responsible for someone having warranty issues or bricking their cars features.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
You're right, first thing I did, ran the maps backup and update via the toolbox, in your case it may well bring in speed camera data (they show on the navigation map) but without an update to the software '10047 there are no warnings available in the navigation menu. At this point I have mine scheduled for Monday. Assuming it all goes as planned and 10047 or higher is installed ok I'll report back if it activates the feature.

Meantime You could try asking the dealer specifically for an update to 10047 as it fixes known lockups and issues with the infotainment (as well as adding the warnings), if you go to the link PeterK posted on page 1 for HiDrive theres a PDF document that runs through all the corrections in the update. NB it also contains the update itself and instructions on doing it via USB but I would advise strongly against doing it yourself unless you're happy and are absolutely sure it wont invalidate any warranties should it go wrong, I'd never advise that route as I wouldnt want to be responsible for someone having warranty issues or bricking their cars features.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hope that it'll work for you. Out of curiosity when you spoke to the dealer about the issue on the phone what did they say? Mine acknowledged other customers had it as well but seemed pretty adamant that they couldn't do anything about it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
At first they weren't aware of the option being available on the new Mazda range, I then went back with the version details and screenshots of the option being on the same model. The dealer then confirmed that yes an option was available.

When I called the service team the reception did ask was this required to fix something or because I wanted it.

I said that it was to correct the fact that options specified in the manual which are missing because of the firmware.

Of course, as yet, it hasn't been installed! As long as they install the 47 version (and don't try to reinstall 45 or similar) then we'll see if it appears :)

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
15 Posts
@Edz2k20 you seem to be the pioneer with this 😀 It will be very interesting to see how you go.

I made my initial request to the dealer via email as I wanted it in writing 1st. If that fails (most likely) then I will go to dealer for a face to face. My dealings with their service dept have always been good and I can only hope that continues. Always good to be amicable with them.

Good luck for Monday 👍

·
Registered
103 Posts
Many thanks, pioneer eh ;) well couldn't have got here without the help in the forum in both the pm's and in postings here. The rest is me being very very stubborn lol 😂

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
250 Posts
has anyone done the 100047 firmware update from the hidrive link?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really considered it and it's my fallback plan if I don't get any joy on Monday. The thing putting me off is the installation instructions saying if it fails you need to reset the system by disconecting the battery etc as well as the instructions saying to check does the voice recognition work afterward.

Quite a few videos on the internet cover it I think but some seem to shy away. My concern was whether it impacts warranty if it bricks the unit. Although it seems reset and retry is possible. That would be my next go to if this doesn't work lol 😜

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have a trawl through the 200+ posts here CONNECT UPDATE FIRMWARE 7th Generation . AFAIK the dealers use the same USB update method so there is minimal "technician" time and the car isn't taking up any workshop space or diagnostic equipment. When the "technician" finally agreed to update mine having gone through the full "your car's up to date/ I'll check it/ 40042 is the latest/ looks at change log on my mobile/ see what I can do" I think it was 15mins before the keys handed back to me It was that quick that I think Mazda may supply pre loaded USB update sticks to dealers.

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv X Sports lux Black
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Went to try the update today but when i followed the instruction of accessing the menu by pressing the volume button down or the favourites and music buttons, neither allowed me to access the update screen. Tried all combos but no joy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah the button combo can be a bit tricky. I started with the volume down first then the other two and held for about 5 seconds. I also had the car completely on and running not just in accessory mode.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yeah the button combo can be a bit tricky. I started with the volume down first then the other two and held for about 5 seconds. I also had the car completely on and running not just in accessory mode.
So did you finally manage to access the screen?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes and I successfully updated my North American to version 1102. I had to re format the flash drive as it didn't read the first time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well i bit the bullet and went ahead with the firmware update.
Downloaded the HiDrive files and unzipped them to a USB stick.
Printed off the instructions and followed them to the letter.
Process was seamless and took about 10 mins.
Once i had rebooted, went to do the microphone check and didn't work so i l disconnected the negative battery terminal and tried again and everything worked.
The speed camera function is now showing in the navigation settings menu:)
Don't know if any other functions have been added as i haven't checked through them
So, happy for now and will post if i have any issues

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well i bit the bullet and went ahead with the firmware update.
Downloaded the HiDrive files and unzipped them to a USB stick.
Printed off the instructions and followed them to the letter.
Process was seamless and took about 10 mins.
Once i had rebooted, went to do the microphone check and didn't work so i l disconnected the negative battery terminal and tried again and everything worked.
The speed camera function is now showing in the navigation settings menu:)
Don't know if any other functions have been added as i haven't checked through them
So, happy for now and will post if i have any issues
😃😃That is swell! Glad to here 💋💋

21 - 40 of 76 Posts