Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
250 Posts
Just updated to 10047👍.. very easy and straight forward😎.. as above just wizz the 10mm but off the battery negative and the lady speaks again😄😄😄a 10 minute job...

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
103 Posts
Whahey well we'll see what happens with mine tomorrow if not I'll be doing it myself next weekend

·
Registered
250 Posts
We have just updated the Mazda3 and left the car locked for 5 minutes... No need to remove battery negative..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone had a drive about to see if she shouts out?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I believe I'm being allowed to drive the car tomorrow...😄 So I'll put my foot down and see it the speed camera alert work's 😄😎

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lol :) remember the options are now alert off, always or alert if over the speed limit only. I'd guess the always alert is like my CX 5 was and likely your CX 3 in that she'll say speed camera if you're being 'good' ;) or say speed camera, reduce your speed if you've drifted over the limit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Whoohooo cool

·
Registered
103 Posts
Aaaaand...

all done.

Arrived at the dealers and explained the situation again to clarify (there was some confusion as to whether it was the map data).

Took a seat and had a nice coffee and 30 minutes later all sorted. Dealer said sorry that this should really have been caught at Pre Delivery Inspection but its likely as the car is a new model the version update wasn't caught.

Got in the car and first of all hit the phone / speak a command button - yup all ok. Checked the version and Im now on 10047 complete with the navigation "warnings" menu). Set that to always warn with audio.

Diverted my route back home to go past a camera I know well and yup, small bong and then "speed camera ahead", wasnt going over the limit so no "reduce your speed".

Happy days, all done :)

Ed

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cool stuff, if I remember the cx5 didn't have a visual update either but it's odd it says there's an option for visual alerts isn't it.

Next is getting my gracenote dB up to date then I may have a okay around at the weekend :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've assumed that the visual alert is the distance to camera countdown in the bottom LH corner of the map. No doubt I can check that tomorrow when I take the car back to the dealer's for their next attempt at resolving the flat battery issue. 3 Mazda Assist callouts, 1 recovery, week with the dealer, new battery, flat battery........ Glad I'm not picking up the bill for that lot Forgot the courtesy car costs!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oooh didn't see that ta.

Sounds like you haven't had the most luck :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think luck comes into it. I think the vast majority of new car customers accept manufacturer and dealer explanations and never question them. A BMW service manager was a notable exception telling BMW HQ technical team that their "car sat nav learning drivers habits" explanation was a "load of bol***ks" ( 20 mile journey down A road converted to 80 mile route involving leaving the A road onto M6 passing 2 exits with roads going to destination and returning to the original A road).

·
Registered
103 Posts
AHH yes I'm with you on that one as you may have noticed ;)

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
15 Posts
Happy to read about the successful outcomes above. I noticed that there were no "4A" file for Australia on HiDrive but I saw the link posted by @PeterK to a sister site for Mazda3 owners CONNECT UPDATE FIRMWARE 7th Generation . I went and had a read and saw comments suggesting that our Australian cars were running "EU" firmware and that some Australian members had had success in upgrading to this. So I decided, stuff the dealer, and do it myself. (brave words for someone who ended up fretting and sucking his thumb in the car)

Before and after shots of the Diagnostic Test Screen...
I

It was easy to do, I just carefully followed the instructions line by line. Did end up doing the battery disconnect at the end and now all good. Took it for a test drive and my favorite nagging dash lady is back and I have the visual warnings as well. Worked like normal in that you don't have to be in the Navigation screen to get the audible warnings. So any Australian members here, you can check your own system by following the first part of the instructions to confirm if you are running the "EU" firmware as well. If you approach your dealer, this is the info to throw at them if they try to say there is no Australian update available.

At this point I will adopt the well written warning posted @Edz2k20 "I would advise strongly against doing it yourself unless you're happy and are absolutely sure it wont invalidate any warranties should it go wrong, I'd never advise that route as I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone having warranty issues or bricking their cars features"

41 - 60 of 76 Posts